Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purple handgun options?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Yeah they're definitely proud of those.

That's why I got a Glock. You can get the Glocks in any color you want as long as you want black.

Actually there are OD Green Glocks out there from the factory.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Actually there are OD Green Glocks out there from the factory.

No they discontinued them a couple years back. Unless you find a NOS on somebody's shelf they're not available new from the factory.

Now one of their distributors Lipsey's supposedly has an exclusive deal to start offering flat dark earth Gen 4s if that's what you're refering to.

''If you hang around the Glock world for any length of time at all you’ve heard about the unicorn of all Glock pistols, the OD Green Glock frames which are no longer in production. Well as of today (April 2, post April fools day) Lipsey’s Firearms Distributors have announced an exclusive deal with Glock in providing dealers with 9 different models (5 of which are Generation 4) of Glock pistols with Flat Dark Earth frames.

The Glock frames that were colored in Olive Drab Green were somewhat popular but became rabidly moreso when Glock halted production on the rare finds. Now, with 9 different pistols offered in this new Flat Dark Earth, which in pictures looks like brown, it’s no doubt that if and when Glock chooses to halt production on the FDE frames people will once again froth at the mouth to get their hands on one.

http://preppercentral.com/?p=1384

So yeah you can get a brown one from Lipsey's but no ODs, unless you've heard some new announcement.
    Last edited by weevil; 11-28-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Cuz flat dark earth sounds more tactical than baby poop mustard.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Well that is different.

I've seen pink guns but don't recall ever seeing one in Lavender.

You sure that's for mama???

Well I have been known to have a few purple rains when out at a nearby restaurant. Seriously, I think my next purchase is going to be a nice small revolver with laser grip, prefer .357 but might go .38

Nothing like a snubnose .357 magnum in your pocket to give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

There's my baby.

Ruger SP101 .357 magnum I picked up back in the '90s, it was my fiirst dedicated CCW.

I've put thousands of rounds throught it including a fair amount of full-house magnum defense loads. Still looks and feels brand new, tight as a drum.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Nothing like a snubnose .357 magnum in your pocket to give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

There's my baby.

Ruger SP101 .357 magnum I picked up back in the '90s, it was my fiirst dedicated CCW.

I've put thousands of rounds throught it including a fair amount of full-house magnum defense loads. Still looks and feels brand new, tight as a drum.
    Beautiful! I've got a GP100 Way too big for carry, but man it shoots wonderfully and is rock solid accurate as all hell. Only thing I don't like about yours is I like to have an exposed hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Beautiful! I've got a GP100 Way too big for carry, but man it shoots wonderfully and is rock solid accurate as all hell. Only thing I don't like about yours is I like to have an exposed hammer.

I got one of those too.

Yeah mine's not the ideal size for CCW either, but is also a flat-out tack driver.

Well I got the hammerless DAO version since it was strictly gotten for CCW and that was always a problem I had with hammers, they like to snag. Not the best thing for a range range gun but for concealed carry it is a plus not to have a hammer that catches and snags on clothing. This is also an advantage striker fired pistols like the Glock have.
    Last edited by weevil; 12-02-2012 at 09:09 PM.

piss on it and toss it under your mattress for a month.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    They had OD green for a while. I guess they weren't selling well.
    Yeah, they also had them in camo (both desert and woodland IIRC) which were made from the OD pistols that they couldn't sell.

I don't know why they didn't take off, I find them much more appealing then a regular glock.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Yeah, they also had them in camo (both desert and woodland IIRC) which were made from the OD pistols that they couldn't sell.

I don't know why they didn't take off, I find them much more appealing then a regular glock.
    At first, it makes no sense to me why they wouldn't sell OD versions, especially when every other polymer pistol maker is offering at least an OD version and usually a desert tan as well.

However, I think it is because the competition focuses more heavily on civilian merchandising and Glock focuses mainly on maintaining its dominance of the police market.

Unless regular cops start wearing tactical gear, I doubt they will change they're pistols to a non-standard color.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

So does that mean we'll never see a purple Glock?

Not unless Ferd starts posting again.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation

there are worse things in life....

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Not unless Ferd starts posting again.

Well yeah if we're gonna use a can of Krylon from Wally-World we can have about any color we want or even glow-in-the dark.

I was thinking factory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12