Thread: Never thought

Question Never thought

I would of ever got an Enfield but, then again I never really looked at one that got my attention... but now after yesterday I have 3 lol New to the whole Enfield thing but this is what i have 1943 MK1 Long Branch, 1937 MK3 and a Jungle carbine anyone know about how much these would be worth?
    thanks T
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Around $350 a pop for the first two and much more for the jungle carbine - $600 or more. The JC are very collectible. All SMLE's have gone up in price.

Nice score!

And if you start shooting them - handloading, you will want to neck size the cases after the first shot through the gun - and keep brass specific to each gun. This will extend your case life and give better accuracy.

I've still got a couple myself and have always liked them.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Nice guns!

I love Enfield rifles. I have 3 and one of them is my regular deer rifle. Out to 100 yds. (with peep sights) it'll hit anything you aim it at. Super accurate.

That is one thing that was interesting to me by all counts the Enfield is a very accurate rifle. neat rifles as well, 1 of the rifles i picked up has this sliding cover over the mag so you can use it as a single shot. Now i just need some time to hunt me some pumpkins.
    Last edited by teck78; 11-26-2012 at 10:40 PM.

nice!

my last all matching jungle carbine cost me $300

I'd love to have a nice SMLE again.. 1000 yard shots are a breeze with that site.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

When did you get a all #s matching JC for 300 if you still have it I would give you 325 lol. Are you talking about the peep sight with the ladder and knob on the top? I have yet to shoot any of the 3 I have.

Quote Originally Posted by teck78 View Post
    When did you get a all #s matching JC for 300 if you still have it I would give you 325 lol. Are you talking about the peep sight with the ladder and knob on the top? I have yet to shoot any of the 3 I have.

like 2 months ago at a shop And NO .. not selling , need something to compliment my Sten and Bren.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

That is one heck of a deal for a JC ... and I bet you left the place with a smile from ear to ear. I hope you slept well that night lol. I will have to take some pics of my GEW,M44, and Enfields together

Does anyone have any info on a site that I can look up info on my Enfield rifles.
    Thanks T

Thanks for the info... My JC is stamped No5 MK1 ROF(F) 2/45 but, what does the G in the prefix for the serial # mean? I know my MK 3 was made by Birmingham Small Arms Co

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

I know very little about the Enfield, just that I had two No. 1 Mk 3s and regret not keeping them. MJ1 is probably the man to PM about any C&R.

MJ1, I will have to look him up. thank you for the info