Thread: Bolt Action 7.62x39?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Bolt Action 7.62x39?

Are there any companies that, currently, offer a bolt action in 7.62x.39? I think CZ America has one, but am not familiar with any other companies that have one listed. I would prefer the company to be an American company, but am not going to say "no" to a foreign company that makes a moderately-priced one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Are there any companies that, currently, offer a bolt action in 7.62x.39? I think CZ America has one, but am not familiar with any other companies that have one listed. I would prefer the company to be an American company, but am not going to say "no" to a foreign company that makes a moderately-priced one.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Ruger, http://www.ruger.com/products/m77Haw...ct/models.html

Remington offered one but I do not know if it is still available.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Savage Arms makes a model 10 FCM Scout in 7.62x39. I have to tell you though, the CZ is an awesome gun. Very light, handy and the single set trigger is amazing.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    I think century has some yugo mausers in 7.62x39

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I'd go CZ for a 7.62x39 bolt...

J&G sent me an email last week having Mauser style 7.62X39.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Something to consider. American made rifles (i.e. Ruger or Savage) will use barrels designed for .308" diameter bullets. Manufacturers outside the U.S. will use barrels designed for a .311" diameter bullet.

Remington sold the Model 799 from 2006-2008 that was chambered in 7.62x39. The barreled action (Mauser) was actually made by Zastava Arms of Serbia. This will have a barrel designed for .311" dimeter bullets.

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    Something to consider. American made rifles (i.e. Ruger or Savage) will use barrels designed for .308" diameter bullets. Manufacturers outside the U.S. will use barrels designed for a .311" diameter bullet.

Remington sold the Model 799 from 2006-2008 that was chambered in 7.62x39. The barreled action (Mauser) was actually made by Zastava Arms of Serbia. This will have a barrel designed for .311" dimeter bullets.

Steve
    The new Ruger that my uncle bought his son is super accurate with factory steel cased 7.62x39. I believe he checked the barrel and it is .311", he has not hand loaded anything for yet because the cheap stuff is doing very well in the rifle.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Someone made a kit to shoot 762x39 in a 308/3006, had a piece that went into the chamber and a mag follower dealy. Think I saw it in gunparts catalog.