Thread: The Greed Has Started!

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Thumbs down The Greed Has Started!

They were $595 just a few days ago.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/zasta...l-7-62x39.html
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Heh. Maybe I'll be able to make a buck or two of of the striped lower I've never been able to finish after all!

Its rather disgusting how the gun industry (not all) have no problem screwing the very people who came to their defense when they wanted liability legislation. what are you going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by nitewatcher View Post
    Its rather disgusting how the gun industry (not all) have no problem screwing the very people who came to their defense when they wanted liability legislation. what are you going to do?
    Hold off on purchases untill the market is flooded by re-suply in @ 18 months?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Supply and demand. I'm pretty sure no one actually "needs" to buy that particular firearm at this time, I mean let's be real, there are better firearms for self defense, hunting, etc. If they didn't raise the price they'ed be all gone. I'd wager most folks wanting one right now either think they won't be able to get one later, still not a "need" or figure they can buy it and flip it at a large profit, still not a "need". If someone ran up to you today and offered you 3x what you paid for one of those a month ago would you sell it to them for what they were offering you or a little less than what you paid because it's lightly used?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    I don't know what I'd do if someone wanted to flip me 3k for one of my guns. It wouldn't be much
    different than when the economy tanked and poeple were selling their firearms at bargain basement
    prices because they had to. When it comes to selling firearms, I bought the ones that I have because
    those are the ones that I wanted, if I found out that I didn't like one, I sold it. I only have one that I
    don't like very much but would not try to rip someone a new one if I did sell it.
    Just me and my monkey....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    Hold off on purchases untill the market is flooded by re-suply in @ 18 months?
    That's how I got 5 AR receivers for $35 ea. I'm collecting parts to use the third one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Supply and demand. I'm pretty sure no one actually "needs" to buy that particular firearm at this time, I mean let's be real, there are better firearms for self defense, hunting, etc.
    LOL, try telling the SBR crowd that. We sold out of em in Houston at 599 this past weekend, one even went to a customer that had brought his (already SBR'd) to show friends. With the Dracos dried up, these have been a good seller even before the Conn incident.

t

Yeah had mine on order for last 5 days from SOG and now they email me saying it's going to be another $100.
    Real poor way to do business, I really don't need another gun that bad so if they can't meet their advertised price I won't be doing business with them. Not now or when things return to normal. Have enough 7.62x39 guns. This is all just greed and I won't be a part of it.
    What really gets my goat is, I told my buddy about the deal and two days after I ordered mine he orders two. He phones the order in and I use the web order. I tell him about the upcharge and he calls and finds out that his are on the way at the original price. I call them and they say nothing they can do. Man am I pissed, what a piss poor system at a piss poor company.
    Last edited by bluzjamer; 12-26-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    2nd Amedment Foundation Member
    NRA-ILA
    National Association for Gun Rights
    CRAL member---RIFOL member and supporter
    GOA member
    RI 2nd Amendment Coalition Supporter

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 AtLarge's Avatar

I went to our local fun show last weekend just so I could see a $3k AR. Sure enough, there it was. Right by all those $750 WASR's and $900 Draco's. I lol'd.

Yea a couple of days ago I had a co worker offer me $200.00 for a nib KCI 75 round drum, So I sold to him. But at least I filled it with ammo first!

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnutz View Post
    Yea a couple of days ago I had a co worker offer me $200.00 for a nib KCI 75 round drum, So I sold to him. But at least I filled it with ammo first!
    I broke down and sold two 75rnd ATI drums. I didn't rip the buyers a new one
    They offered, I sold, we're both happy.
    Just me and my monkey....

Still looking for a Krink M-92 for less than an arm & Leg. Just missed one.

Ok I finally got one, saw a deal on one on GB and my buddy matched it and sold me one of his.
    Still cost me $700....I think it's OK.
    Last edited by bluzjamer; 02-27-2013 at 06:47 PM.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    2nd Amedment Foundation Member
    NRA-ILA
    National Association for Gun Rights
    CRAL member---RIFOL member and supporter
    GOA member
    RI 2nd Amendment Coalition Supporter