Thread: FREE CHL CLAS FOR TEACHERS.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

FREE CHL CLASS FOR TEACHERS.

http://www.kens5.com/news/Schertz-gu...183879491.html

Now this is how it should be done.
    SCHERTZ -- LoneStar Handgun is offering its concealed handgun license course to all teachers free of charge.

Josh Felker, who owns the gun shop off I-35 in Schertz, said his phone has been ringing nonstop since the mass shooting in Newtown, Conn.

"I don't advocate anybody having to carry a gun; it's having that option," Felker said. "When evil does confront me, I have a fighting chance versus being defenseless."

Right now, school districts in Texas can implement policies which would allow teachers to carry guns on campus. But so far, only one school district has done so.

The Harrold Independent School District in North Texas made news in 2008 when it became the first district to allow teachers to meet certain requirements to carry concealed weapons on campus.

"Currently, Texas law allows teachers or any school to allow anybody to carry a firearm onto campus as long as it's by written authorization or by school policy," Felker explained.

LoneStar Handgun is hoping to reach teachers while they have time off over the holiday break.

The $125-course is free through Jan. 6 to anyone who works with students at a school.
    Last edited by AKTexas; 12-18-2012 at 09:53 PM.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Cool idea. I hope alot of people take them up on it.

Even if they decide not to carry, I'm guessing that the extra familiarity with guns, and gun safety could still come in very handy.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Cool idea. I hope alot of people take them up on it.

Even if they decide not to carry, I'm guessing that the extra familiarity with guns, and gun safety could still come in very handy.
    Agree, I took my CHL class with this group. Well informed on current laws.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    that is really nice. now i glad to see all states are not gone crazy yet.