Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you heard the big sucking sound?

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    +1
    They never got to experience $300 AKs, $150 SKS rifles, $60-80 per 1K of just about any caliber, surplus mags for <$10, bump-firing 1000 rounds without a care, etc. It's always been an expensive hobby, but these days it's damn near unaffordable!

I remember that, those truly were the good old days.

They haven't banned guns or ammo but they're doing a good job of pricing them out of range for the common man. Even if by some miracle we get through this without some major restrictions, you know the prices will keep going through the roof.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Damn-it! I went to check on my order and Brownell's has me on Back Order status even though it said the Troy Industries magazines were in stock at the time of my purchase 2 days ago.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Damn-it! I went to check on my order and Brownell's has me on Back Order status even though it said the Troy Industries magazines were in stock at the time of my purchase 2 days ago.
    Ya think they might have sold yours to some one else for twice the price and put yours on hold till they can get more?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Ya think they might have sold yours to some one else for twice the price and put yours on hold till they can get more?
    No, they never have done stuff like that. Their retail prices are still the same on the site. What they said was their automated inventory system couldn't update itself fast enough and keep up with the sunami of orders. I've seen a statement that they sold 3.5 years worth of rifle magazines in less than 2 days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12