Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you heard the big sucking sound?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Exclamation Have you heard the big sucking sound?

It's the sound of every box magazine larger than 10 rounds being sucked off the shelves of companies selling them. If anyone is looking for some 30 round mags Brownell's might still have some Troy Industries mags but every other brand is gone. At Aim, all brands are gone as of Monday this week. I ordered some of the Troy's, been eyeballing them for a while, but the recent events finally made me get off my ass and order some.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I needed to pick up some AR mags...

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    I needed to pick up some AR mags...
    Too late
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    I anticipated something going south after the election. I got what I wanted in October.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

I've been already set on AR, AK, and HKG3 rifle mags for years, thank goodness. However, this past year I've slowly been collecting PMags just to have some new stuff on hand. I wish I had some Ruger 10/22 BX-25 mags and more Glock .40 22-rounders, though. I might as well forget about finding them right now. I should also get off my butt and fork over the $100 for an extra 100-round mag for my Calico Liberty 9mm. If the 100-rounder already on it goes bad some day I'm stuck with a paper weight.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

We have a local store that still has lots of Magpul mags on the rack for about $20 each. I got some 2 or 3 weeks ago from Primary Arms for $12.25 with free shipping. Needless to say PA is sold out now along with everyplace I've looked on line.

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    I guess I got lucky, been buying mags for the last few years and have multiples of every kind
    including hi-caps and drums. Bought a pristine mini-30 a couple of months ago, and bought
    hi-cap mags for it right away. I get most of my mags from 44MAG. I looked at their web site
    yesterday, talk about dried up, they got nothing!
    Just me and my monkey....

Quote Originally Posted by binky59 View Post
    I guess I got lucky, been buying mags for the last few years and have multiples of every kind
    including hi-caps and drums. Bought a pristine mini-30 a couple of months ago, and bought
    hi-cap mags for it right away. I get most of my mags from 44MAG. I looked at their web site
    yesterday, talk about dried up, they got nothing!
    I read somewhere this morning that one of Magpul's distributors sold over 70,000 PMags last weekend alone!

If I remember right during the last high cap mag ban. Couldn't you still buy them but they had a rivet or pin stopping them @ 10?

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    I read somewhere this morning that one of Magpul's distributors sold over 70,000 PMags last weekend alone!
    I'm sure alot of the bulk purchases are from big distributors like Cabelas and Sportsman's Giude. Cabelas has a mountain of shitty ProMag and Triple-K magazines left over from the last ban. They have had the same selection of preban mags in their catalog for the last 15 years. (Yes I know they aren't preban right now but they were 1994-2004) They can buy up everything on the market right now and then jack the price up every year as the supply on the market dwindles as long as there is some provision for mags made before the ban .

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I feel sorry for the younger people getting into the hobby now.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Got plenty of mags and have spent the last couple years stocking up on ammo and reloading supplies.

I had a bad feeling Obama would get back in and go for our guns if he did.

I am kinda surprised at how quickly they've gotten their ducks in a row I was expecting it after the midterms, but after the Costas rant on Sunday Night Football I knew good and well that they were ramping up the anti-gun machine.

Now this "coincedence" falls right in their laps.

If you haven't got what you want already, you're gonna be SOL.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

More pistol mags is all I need. Not Glock, thankfully.

I'll have to wait until I get paid on friday, but I don't think the pistol mags are gonna fly off the shelf quite as fast unless your looking for Glock mags.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    More pistol mags is all I need. Not Glock, thankfully.

I'll have to wait until I get paid on friday, but I don't think the pistol mags are gonna fly off the shelf quite as fast unless your looking for Glock mags.
    If it's any mag bigger than 10 rounds it is probably gone by now. About the only mags I saw on 44 mag dot com were DPMS type .308 AR rifle type mags. M14 and all the M16 / AR15 mags are gone.

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.c...=625|1056|1058 Well there are these at Widener's!

Brownells has this message posted on their mag section;

"Due to unprecedented demand levels Magpul is focusing their efforts on producing BLACK PMAGs for the foreseeable future. To expedite delivery of your order, we currently are only accepting additional backorders for BLACK 30 and 20 round PMAGs."

I ordered a ten pack of pmags, we'll see when or if I get them if guess.

I also ordered some BX-25 mags from Cabela's. These are the 25 round Ruger factory 10/22 mags, they have a back-order date of 12/25 . I used my Cabelas points to get a free order but Midway USA has them on sale and in stock for 21.99 if anyone is looking.
    Guns Network member since January 2001

Illinois State Rifle Association

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Just bought 10 each 6.8 spc 25 rnd mags at 44mag.com. The rest of the inventory seems gone!
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    I anticipated something going south after the election. I got what I wanted in October.
    I've been stocking up when the prices were right for years. I can mag up over 2000 rnds and that doesn't include pistol which would probably be another 500 rnds.

It sucks that it's come to this again, but i think we all knew it would happen if shitbag got re elected.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I feel sorry for the younger people getting into the hobby now.
    +1
    They never got to experience $300 AKs, $150 SKS rifles, $60-80 per 1K of just about any caliber, surplus mags for <$10, bump-firing 1000 rounds without a care, etc. It's always been an expensive hobby, but these days it's damn near unaffordable!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

The wise individual has been stocking mags & ammo for a period of years now, or so I hear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast