Thread: Romanian 223 rem. ak 47 need some magazines ( is this hopeless now ?0

Romanian 223 rem. ak 47 need some magazines ( is this hopeless now ?0

greetings
    I need a few 223 mags to work in Romanian ak47
    as long as they function well. would even accept a few ideas on where to locate a few

thanx
    casca

Casca1 at airbaud dot com

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I don't shoot AKs, especially ones in interesting calibers. Did want to welcome you to the group though. Hope to see you in some other forums as well. Good luck with the mags.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    https://www.apexgunparts.com/product...roducts_id/437

They work great. They were never cheap.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

If you have an SAR-3 the Apex mags are correct for it. The SAR-3 was the Romanian attempt at getting into NATO with a rifle that used common NATO ammo. They used the mags from the German STG-940 rifle system. Apex has them mislabeled as "Weiger" (sic) and even though I have written Apex to explain that the rifle system is named for Wiesa, Germany (WIEsa, GERman) hence known as the Wieger Weapon System, so the mags were called Wieger mags.

Since the SAR-3 was designed to use the Wieger STG-940 mags, the ones Apex sells are correct for it, even if they refuse to spell them correctly.

Wieger mags are easy to tell from others as they are the only AK style mag with two round buttons in the floor plate for disassembly. Like other .223 AK mags they are straighter than the standard 7.62x39 AK mag.

And to think, I complained twelve years ago when I paid $15 per mag!!!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

First off welcome to Gunsnet.net Secondly these guys have told you true the Wieger mags are the best for your rifle. Bulgarian waffle pattern circle 10 mags also usually work. See kvar for those. Last statement, the SAR-3 is one of the most under rated AK weapons ever made ImO. I have one and it is the only AK type rifle I own now. At one time I owned a half dozen 7.62x39 types and a SAR-2 in 5.45x39. I sold all of those but kept the SAR-3. Why because it is about as accurate as a stock AR15 and it uses the same round as my AR15 rifles.

The price I see there is ... well it's just very high but that seems to be the way it goes now. I did pay $45 for them once, but that was for a 4 cell mag pouch filled with 4 of the mags. Glad I got them back then.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Last year Apex sold them for $30.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

THANX,
    I have been finding some promags that seem to work, but I am afraid that they wouldn't work correctly if they where really needed to count on.
    I have about 25 7.62x39 mags all assorted. and 25 mags for ar-15 just thought I would like some more for the 223 ak.

guess after christmas I need to really go on the hunt.

( 2 kids 7&11 so christmas comes first.)

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Apex is the only place left that has them in stock and the price is now $47 each. I bought 4 last night. I wish I had loaded up when they were still $20...

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Welcome to the group !!!

If you have an SAR-3 the Apex mags are correct for it. The SAR-3 was the Romanian attempt at getting into NATO with a rifle that used common NATO ammo. They used the mags from the German STG-940 rifle system. Apex has them mislabeled as "Weiger" (sic) and even though I have written Apex to explain that the rifle system is named for Wiesa, Germany (WIEsa, GERman) hence known as the Wieger Weapon System, so the mags were called Wieger mags.

Since the SAR-3 was designed to use the Wieger STG-940 mags, the ones Apex sells are correct for it, even if they refuse to spell them correctly.

Wieger mags are easy to tell from others as they are the only AK style mag with two round buttons in the floor plate for disassembly. Like other .223 AK mags they are straighter than the standard 7.62x39 AK mag.

And to think, I complained twelve years ago when I paid $15 per mag!!!
    Sorry about the spelling error!
    I have made the correction.

I appreciate all your business.

Richard
    APEX Gun Parts
    http://www.apexgunparts.com

719-481-2050 Order Line
    3105 North Stone Avenue
    Colorado Springs, CO 80907
    Mon-Fri 8am to 4pm Mountain time

Like us on FaceBook:

Follow APEX on Twitter:

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Thank you Richard, just a little AK-nut sarcasm and nothing against your store. Thank you for advertising on this site!!