Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Something I Haven't Done in 31 Years

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Did Something I Haven't Done in 31 Years

I totalled my car. At least I think I did. That has kept me busy the last couple of days. No one was hurt badly, though there are a lot of sore muscules. Bother.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Consider yourself lucky to walk away.

Merry Christmas.

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    Consider yourself lucky to walk away.

Merry Christmas.

I do. Thanks.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Glad to hear you're okay and no one else was hurt. Sore muscles mend.... It could have been worse.

I've totalled two (actually, a deer totalled one of them, but the other one was my fault).

Merry Christmas.

Hopefully you are smarter then me and went to the hospitol to get checked out. I flipped my wife's Vera Cruz in Oct and didn't go with the paramedics. Now I am still having pretty bad neck and back pain.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Glad you're ok.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Glad to hear your okay man, hope everything comes out ok.
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Woogiebear View Post
    Hopefully you are smarter then me and went to the hospitol to get checked out. I flipped my wife's Vera Cruz in Oct and didn't go with the paramedics. Now I am still having pretty bad neck and back pain.
    We were close to Madigan Army Hospital so after the accident was cleaned up I took my wife and daughter there to have them checked out. Didn't need an ambulance but I was glad the hospital was close by.

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Okay, give it up, what were you doing, playing air guitar, eating a chimichanga, texting, smooching with the wife. Fess up now. Is your next car going to be a red one?

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Okay, give it up, what were you doing, playing air guitar, eating a chimichanga, texting, smooching with the wife. Fess up now. Is your next car going to be a red one?
    Believe it our not, I was head-checking to see if I could change lanes and the car in front of me stopped. The car I wrecked was red!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    A recent study conducted by researchers at the University of Auckland, New Zealand indicates that there may be a link between car color and serious injuries as a result of car accidents. Their findings were published in the The British Medical Journal in December 2003.

The study involved accidents in New Zealand between 1998 and 1999. According to their findings, drivers of brown cars had the highest risk of sustaining serious injuries caused by auto accidents. Black and green cars also had elevated risks.

Which are the safest cars? Drivers of silver-colored cars, according to the report, have a 50% less chance of being involved in an injury-causing accident than do drivers of white cars! While the results are surprising, more studies need to be performed before we all rush out and repaint or replace our vehicles.

The scientists did not explain why there was such a disparity in accident rates. Perhaps lighter colored cars are more visible, or perhaps the people who choose such cars are a self-selecting group of safe drivers.

How popular are the various car colors? According to DuPont Automotive's 2003 Color Popularity Report, the top three colors (silver, white and black) account for more than 50% of new cars manufactured for North America. Here is a chart highlighting the top ten most popular car colors:
    Color Percentage of New Cars
    Silver 20.2%
    White 18.4%
    Black 11.6%
    Med/Dark Gray 11.5%
    Light Brown 8.8%
    Med/Dark Blue 8.5%
    Medium Red 6.9%
    Med/Dark Green 5.3%
    Bright Red 3.8%
    Dark Red 0.9%
    Source: DuPont Automotive

http://www.wisegeek.org/is-there-a-l...-accidents.htm
    I asked because I have been told several times by officers of the law that when they see a red car they look at them just a little bit harder because an awful of of their stops seem to be red cars. It's a family joke that whenever we are passed by a car it's either a red car or a car with a red interior. If there is no red involved we just tell ourselves that his other car is red. My ex wife never got a speeding ticket till she finally got her wish, a red car. 2 in one week and then another 6 months later. Sure glad we were divorced by then and I didn't have to pay her insurance.

Anywhooo, glad you are okay and that is why they call them accidents. A gal stopped in front of me one time because she missed her turn and instead of going forward another half a block to the next exit she just stops in the middle of traffic. I stopped missing her bumper by inches, the Ford Van Econoline behind me did not stop and parked himself in my trunk. 68 New Yorker with a bent frame and totaled. The van driver got a ticket for not stopping and the gal that started it got a ticket for unsafe driving. What I got was my father in law mad at me because it was his car. Sometimes no matter how careful you are the alligator gonna get you.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I totalled my car. At least I think I did. That has kept me busy the last couple of days. No one was hurt badly, though there are a lot of sore muscules. Bother.
    Car can be replaced. People cannot.

Thank God nobody was hurt.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    I asked because I have been told several times by officers of the law that when they see a red car they look at them just a little bit harder because an awful of of their stops seem to be red cars.
    Great. The new Honda I just bought for my wife is a dark metallic cherry red........
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Your not alone my friend .
    Last edited by Tomac yokctep; 12-25-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Glad to hear you and your family are all ok, sorry to hear of the accident. Do you know why the joker in front of you stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomac yokctep View Post
    Ouch. What happened?

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Glad to hear you and your family are all ok, sorry to hear of the accident. Do you know why the joker in front of you stopped?
    He slowed because the cars in front of him slowed. If the road would not have been rain soaked I would have stopped in plent of time but I hit my breaks and immediately started to slide. Those extra few inches were all I needed. Bother.

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomac yokctep View Post
    What the hell did you do drive over a firelug?

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Good to hear no one is in the hospital or hurt badly. Lets hope the person you hit is not looking for a pay day.

I've never had the misfortune of a bad accident, just fender benders. My daughter, on the other hand, has sent 3 cars to the junkyard

18 Wheeler side swiped me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    What the hell did you do drive over a firelug?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast