Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jackie Chan anti-American

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Something else for Jackie to make fun of, and belittle, about America, when he's home in China:

http://wtkr.com/2016/09/03/jackie-ch...onorary-oscar/
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Something else for Jackie to make fun of, and belittle, about America, when he's home in China:

http://wtkr.com/2016/09/03/jackie-ch...onorary-oscar/
    You get an award for resurrecting a THREAD FROM 2013.

How about keeping the flow of posts RELEVANT to 2016? This year is too important to be distracted by BS from three years ago.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    You get an award for resurrecting a THREAD FROM 2013.

How about keeping the flow of posts RELEVANT to 2016? This year is too important to be distracted by BS from three years ago.
    The article I added to the old thread is from Sept. 3, 2016. I added it to this thread as I remembered this thread from years ago and figured it continued on with the story posted then. What good would it do to just post that Jackie Chan won an honorary Oscar without having a little history to back it up with?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

What about my resurrected six year old thread about Prince when he died?
    I didn't get an award
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

If i bring back one of swampdragon's old rants, can i get an award too? how bout a gold star by my name?

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    If i bring back one of swampdragon's old rants, can i get an award too? how bout a gold star by my name?
    That would actually be SWEET! I can't remember Swampdragon's most 'tinfoil hatted moments' any more. I also can't find them. But I think we should dedicate either a new thread to that or RESURRECT an OLD and DEAD thread.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    What good would it do to just post that Jackie Chan won an honorary Oscar without having a little history to back it up with?
    Then create a new thread and put a link to the old thread for historical context. It just looks like you're resurrecting old threads.

That would actually be SWEET! I can't remember Swampdragon's most 'tinfoil hatted moments' any more. I also can't find them. But I think we should dedicate either a new thread to that or RESURRECT an OLD and DEAD thread.
    I wish i knew how , some of those threads went on for days and days when he was in meltdown mode

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

that was a long time ago, i dont think there are any swampy threads here since the big info dump a few years back.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Then create a new thread and put a link to the old thread for historical context. It just looks like you're resurrecting old threads.

Why? What's wrong with resurrecting threads?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    I wish i knew how , some of those threads went on for days and days when he was in meltdown mode

This has to be the ultimate swampy thread: http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...ghlight=suarez
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    This has to be the ultimate swampy thread: http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...ghlight=suarez
    THAT's the thread, a true Gunsnet classic

Why? What's wrong with resurrecting threads?
    If you're adding new information from YEARS LATER, then keep it separate. You may like wading through old crap from 3-4-5- years ago or longer. I don't. If it's NEW information, then treat it as such.

Now I'm not fond of resurrecting old threads unless it's for laughs. Why? We already went through that thread. NO need to argue or discuss stuff that's totally irrelevant.

Now stuff that's comedy GOLD, I want to see. But that's it.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

If you're adding new information from YEARS LATER, then keep it separate. You may like wading through old crap from 3-4-5- years ago or longer. I don't. If it's NEW information, then treat it as such.

Now I'm not fond of resurrecting old threads unless it's for laughs. Why? We already went through that thread. NO need to argue or discuss stuff that's totally irrelevant.

Now stuff that's comedy GOLD, I want to see. But that's it.

I always just look at the "new posts" page. When I hit "see more" with my wheel button, it creates a new tab that loads the page and auto scrolls to the post I'm trying to see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12