Thread: Other readings. ( black magic) oh no....................

Other readings. ( black magic) oh no....................

SO I found an older instruction book of black magic at a thrift store for $1.
    What the hell.

been reading it as literature study only.

Strangely , don't believe all that hype you were fed in sunday school.
    When you read all the sacrifices in the bible , then read the other side it's totally relevant.

Example
    Communion.
    You eat bread/ drink wine to relate/hope you can commune with Christ.
    Flesh/Blood.

So you're supposed to contact Jesus at some level through this???
    Whom of you has he appeared to after this? or maybe one of his servants??
    Did you feel better?

I've found most of the prayer/abjuration/conjurations in this book are directly in correspondence to God and Jesus.
    Basically You're asking them permission to speak to whatever deceased/demon .

Most of our laws were created around controlling black magic and making it extinct.

The only true contact with Satan/Lucifer ( not the same guy BTW) is through Pacts.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

many christian traditions were molded after pagan events. and they were all modled on astrology.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    What the hell.

When you read all the sacrifices in the bible , then read the other side it's totally relevant.

Example
    Communion.
    Flesh/Blood.

Did you feel better?

I've found most of the prayer/abjuration/conjurations in this book are directly in correspondence to God and Jesus.

Most of our laws were created around controlling black magic and making it extinct.

The only true contact with Satan/Lucifer ( not the same guy BTW) is through Pacts.

I could take all that and replace the names with NRA, Handgun Control, Sarah Brady, Wayne LaPieree, etc. Sounds like so much old clap trap to me.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    What the hell.

Example
    Communion.
    Flesh/Blood.

Did you feel better?

Actually the term "lucifer" was never originally a pronoun...it was an adjective in Latin. Jerome didn't know how to translate the Hebrew "helel ben shacar". Which is talking about a Helel the son of the Canaanite god schacar who was the Canaanite god of the dawn found in Isaiah 14:12. In fact Isaiah 14:4b-Isaiah 14:21 is borrowed from an older Canaanite song and used to mock the King of Babylon.

What the Latin Church did was misinterpret it... and then it appears they borrowed the Greek story of Phaetheon (Radiant One) son of Eos (Dawn). Phaetheon challenged the Pantheon and Zues cast him down to earth. So lucifer was a adjective that became a pronoun, and had the Greek story applied to it. Therefore once this story is dissected we see that lucifer as a character doesn't exist.

As far a "satan" goes it to is based of an adjective. The Hebrew "ah-satan" just means adversary. It was later applied to what appears to be a rebellious seraphim in the New Testament.

If the creation story is understood in its Hebrew context and then verses from Numbers, Isaiah, Jeremiah, 1 Peter, Jude and Revelations are contrasted correctly. Then who and what the adversary is becomes more clear...but in order to see the clarity one needs to heed the warnings of Jesus and Paul so they do not fall for Dark Age tales.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Maybe it's my Bible-belt upbringing, but I'm uncomfortable with writings of occult and black magic stuff. It creeps me out. I was in a little weird store in Nawlins one time and the cashier yelled out at a young guy not to lean on the altar that was there for Marie Laveaux. He smirked at her and she reached and got a butcher knife and walked around the counter just in time for him to be running out the door. Scary stuff.

Do you folks remember how both Judeism and Christianity talk about "angels" and "demons" in sermons and scripture?

OK - good.

So I ask you to think about this. In many other religions (Norse mythology, American Indians, etc.), think how they talk about different "spirits", esp. Indians. They have things like The Great Spirit (God/Odin), the Earth Mother (-??-/Freya), the Trickster (Satan/Loki), and all the other assorted "spirits" of the water, air, trees, etc. Maybe, for all things that are biologically active (living), maybe there is some common denominator that links them that could be generalized as "the Force".

It's worth consideration.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Do you folks remember how both Judeism and Christianity talk about "angels" and "demons" in sermons and scripture?

OK - good.

So I ask you to think about this. In many other religions (Norse mythology, American Indians, etc.), think how they talk about different "spirits", esp. Indians. They have things like The Great Spirit (God/Odin), the Earth Mother (-??-/Freya), the Trickster (Satan/Loki), and all the other assorted "spirits" of the water, air, trees, etc. Maybe, for all things that are biologically active (living), maybe there is some common denominator that links them that could be generalized as "the Force".

It's worth consideration.
    What do angels and demons have to do with Midi-chlorians

When I was growing up my grandfater was deaf so he read a lot of books. I mean he had a megaasston load of books. He would just buy boxes of them at garage sales and stuff like that.

Anyway, he had a book on witchcraft. The how too and whatfors and some spells and whatnot in it. It was in really bad shape but the interisting thing was the print date was like 1790 or around about. I always wondered how it survived in America that long and what it was worth.

He has long since passed away and most of those books are gone. No telling where it is now.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Other readings. ( black magic) oh no....................

Ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a good blaster at your side.
    Last edited by AKTexas; 01-28-2013 at 01:27 PM.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.