Thread: Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

I have not verfied this, just got it via e-mail and am passing it on.

Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 06:56:22
    Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

State Senator R.C. Soles (D - NC)

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City , N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties..

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as i say and not as i do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.

But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

He should have just called 911 and waited for the police to arrive. How dare he take the law into his own hands. That's downright Conservative.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Old story and partly true.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/soles.asp

Wart
    "Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit,
    occidentis telum _est"

"A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands"
    Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I thought this sounded damn familiar, I remember a story like this from years ago. The primis is totally true, the Ruling Elite always have armed guards or go armed all the while calling for us prols to be disarmed and helpess.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I thought this sounded damn familiar, I remember a story like this from years ago. The primis is totally true, the Ruling Elite always have armed guards or go armed all the while calling for us prols to be disarmed and helpess.
    Wasn't there a tv journalist or reporter a ways back that shot someone? And didn't Paul Harvey get into some hot water over using a 30-30 in an incident?
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Carl Rowan was an op-ed columnist for the Chicago Sun Times and the Washington post. Some kid crawled over his fence with friends, took off their clothes and was swimming in Rowans pool. He saw one of the kids and shot him. Claimed it was a legal shoot because he was in fear of his life from a bunch of kids climbing over his wall and running away. He didn't think he had to declare the gun to the Washington DC police dept. because it belonged to his FBI agent son thus making the gun special and since it was his sons gun he was special too. Jury was deadlocked and they never did anything to him because....well he was special. I remember it well because I thought they should have hung the elitist commie sumbitch. He was very much anti-gun and had no use for other people having guns in his cities, namely Chicago and Washington DC. Did I mention he was special. He was dead two years later so I guess he wasn't that special after all.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Wasn't there a tv journalist or reporter a ways back that shot someone? And didn't Paul Harvey get into some hot water over using a 30-30 in an incident?
    I remembered as a kid hearing about John Denver shooting a dog with a 30-30. I just looked it up and now it says he shot it with a BB gun. Didn't find anything about Paul Harvey.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Carl Rowan
    Yeah, that was him. Thanks Grump
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Rowan was an avid anti-gunner, then shot the kid who was trespassing, with an un-registered pistol.

The arrogant, elitist SOB claimed that his son, an FBI agent, as I remember, gave him.

In a city where the gun was banned, with an unregistered firearm, and he got off with a slap on the wrist.

You had to be the right color, working in the right job to be properly punished, even back then.

Reverse discrimination.