Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Tiger to Military SVD project

My Tiger to Military SVD project

I've wanted a Military SVD for probably 20 + years. Never thought I'd get even close. I got a bit lucky last Fall in finding a Dragunov Tiger at a garage sale. I've been doing research on the Tiger, Military SVD, Chinese NDM-86, and the PSL. I learned what the differences between the Military SVD and the Tiger. I've been researching parts to convert my Tiger over. Not easy to find as I'm sure you know.The first item I ordered was the flash hider from rusmilitary.com. $99 British Pounds, not too bad. Still waiting for it to arrive, should be this month. Also ordered the correct style of bi pod last November. Chinese copy, all steel for $50, not too bad, they go for over $250 on GB. Trying to find the Military Stock Set has been the hardest to find. Just bought one off GB. I know I paid way too much but no other choice. Talked him down from $670 to $550, yikes!!!! Next week, I plan on getting a ten round mag. The only thing left will be the 1200 meter rear sight. This will be as close as I can get. Only real difference will be the shorter barrel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

That is going to look great with the new stocks. What ammo, and what groups are you getting?

I'm interested in where you got the SVD bipods for $50?

Nice Tiger. Congrats. Another difference between the SVD & the Tiger is the adjustable gas port. I saw one on GB awhile back. I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in those $50 bipods those are made for the airsofts. All in all its a beautiful gun. good for you.

Nice Tiger there. You will really like it after installing that stock set. At least you already have the fully hooded front sight. What type FH did you get? Or is it the entire FSB. As nitewatcher said, don't expect much from the airsoft bipod. I'm sure it will look great when its all done.

IMAG1595.jpg second time at the range. 100 yards. I bought the complete military svd FH with bayonet lug from rusmilitary.com. Ammo is 148 and 174 grain non corrosive Brown Bear.

I bought the complete military svd FH with bayonet lug from rusmilitary.com.
    You'll probably have to ream it out to provide an interferance fit of .001 or less. It will also sit further down the barrel than the original FSB so you will have to redrill the retainer pin holes in the barrel.

Yeah, they say on the rusmilitary sight to have a gunsmith install it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1100us View Post
    IMAG1595.jpg second time at the range. 100 yards. I bought the complete military svd FH with bayonet lug from rusmilitary.com. Ammo is 148 and 174 grain non corrosive Brown Bear.

Nice grouping. Not a damn thing wrong with that.

Thanks. Now I need an 8X scope

Re: My Tiger to Military SVD project

Would love to try some of that ammo that was made for these. Would also like to find a range with more than 100 yards. Any chance of hitting say a 10 inch steel gong at 500-800 yards with this gun?

Stock set should be here next week. Ordered one 10 round mag yesterday. And who knows about the flash hider?

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Nice group. I've bought some Privi a while back I need to try. The plan was to use the cases to work up a hand load, but the way things are reloading components are nearly impossible to find.

Thanks. I would like to get into reloading some day, maybe by next year. Would also like a PSOP in 8x42 and try for 200 plus yards.

Just arrived in the mail today.

Just arrived in the mail today.

Nice furniture. Knowing what those sets go for, almost makes you want to put them under your pillow for safe keeping.

Thanks. No dought. Insane for just a stock set but I wanted it really bad and thats the only set I've found. What a pain getting the grip screw out.

Last edited by Aaron1100us; 02-25-2013 at 05:35 PM.

That looks great on the rifle.

Yeh that looks sweet. Its a keeper

Thanks. Now I'm waiting for my 10 round mag and SVD flash hider.

Thanks. Now I'm waiting for my 10 round mag and SVD flash hider.

You have the flash hider?

No, I tried ordering one from rusmilitary but Izhmash kept delaying their shipment to them. And I'm not ready to spend $369 on GB for one yet.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast