Thread: SAM7R–61 or Arsenal SGL26-61 Arsenal SGL26-61 or SLR-107FR Gergana or Sasha???

SAM7R–61 or Arsenal SGL26-61 Arsenal SGL26-61 or SLR-107FR Gergana or Sasha???

Ok Gergana and Sasha are just bickering too much..
    I have a SAM7R–61 (Gergana) and an Arsenal SGL26-61 (Sasha) and I'm trying to decide which AK to keep. Because I want to sell the "other one" as NIB I don't have to luxury of test firing to help with the decision. Is it a hands down choice for the SAM7R-61 because of the Milled receiver? The 14mm muzzle threads seem lacking compared to the 24mm on the other. That said once I put a compensator on it suppose it does not matter. The Arsenal SGL26-61 only plus seems to be the “Bolt Hold Open” feature.

I was really looking originally for SLR-107FR before I found these but it’s a stamped receiver. I suppose another question would be would one select a SLR-107FR (Bulgarian) or SGL26-61 (Russian) which seem essentially the same sans the bolt hold open feature and muzzle thread size. It seems the trend is Bulgarian are of higher quality. Thoughts?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Both are equally good IMO. Toss both in the air and try to catch one. The result is just as good which ever one you catch. Milled guns don't shoot any better than the stamped receiver weapons. In theory the milled with heavier profile barrel should be more accurate but that doesn't seem to be the case most of the time. You might want to see which one has the least wiggle in the rear sight and keep that one. The AK rear sights can hop up and down and slew side to side under recoil forces of the weapon. You can't see it but it's happening and this I think is one of the major causes of inaccuracy in these weapons.

I put a red dot on a SAR-1 that I'd shot with irons a lot. The red dot shrank the groups to less than half of what I was getting with the irons. How, it didn't wiggle around under recoil.