Thread: Polytech AKS-762 spiker??

Polytech AKS-762 spiker??

Found a aks-762 spiker with box and all accessories.Said to have had 50 rounds fired through.Guy bought it new.Also have 1000 rounds from what i gather is Chinese steel core on stripper clips still wrapped in open spam can.I haven't seen pic's and was told he didn't have way to send when we talked on phone.I have some ?.Some pic's i have seen on gun broker show some with MOD.AKS-762,But most say Model AKS-762.Is there any difference between the two?Fair market value?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The Model vs. MOD was probably the day of the week it was made and you could probably find a string of serial numbers with both markings. About the only possible difference would be if one had an underfolding bayo and the other didn't. The Kengs did import some Poly Techs AKMs without the underfolding bayo.

As for value, these days with everything going crazy, and especially the Chinese variants catching on in the collector's market, $1500 for one like new in box is probably reasonable. If the ammo is truly Chinese steel core they are also collector's rounds and from what I have heard, a dollar a round is not out of the ordinary.

One thing I do tell people when it comes to pre-bans that can never be imported again, sometimes as long as you are happy with what you paid and what it bought, then you paid "fair market value".

Thanks for the reply.I was thinking 1500 also but my last spiker wasn't in box but like new condition. Have a lot less in it.I've only had one buyer remorse and it's on a legend under i got.Like to get others thinking sometimes.

Here is a pic of my new addition to the family
    aks47 poly-2.JPG

Last edited by imanaknut; 03-02-2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: added photo

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Nice addition to your family! Finding one in that condition is becoming rarer by the day, and with more people getting into the hobby, who knows what value they will hold.

When I think of what they sold for when I first got into this silly hobby!!! UGH!