Thread: In competition with another mass murderer??

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway

In competition with another mass murderer??

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/02/1...mass-murderer/

Two law enforcement officials say Lanza saw himself as being in direct competition with Anders Breivik, the Norwegian man who killed 77 people in July 2011.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

The biggest fucking enabler of this shit is the fucking sensationalist media. They put these guys up on fucking pedestals and glorify their actions, then you have a bunch of copy-cats wanting their moment of fame as well.

I'm not saying they should ignore it when it happens as its pretty big news and people deserve to be informed; just not dwell on it for days and days on end, making heroes (or anti-heroes) out of them.

Hardly any of these guys would do it if they didn't know they'd be showcased for the whole world to see and obsess over.

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    The biggest fucking enabler of this shit is the fucking sensationalist media. They put these guys up on fucking pedestals and glorify their actions, then you have a bunch of copy-cats wanting their moment of fame as well.

I'm not saying they should ignore it when it happens as its pretty big news and people deserve to be informed; just not dwell on it for days and days on end, making heroes (or anti-heroes) out of them.

Hardly any of these guys would do it if they didn't know they'd be showcased for the whole world to see and obsess over.

The same commie media that backs all the depraved shit you hold dear. Heh.
    Returns June 3rd.

I don't believe a word the media or authorities say about this guy or this 'supposed' crime.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Arm chair psychologists...

That's right up there with trying to impress Jodie Foster.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    The same commie media that backs all the depraved shit you hold dear. Heh.
    Game set match It's odd LAGC doesn't see his own mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/02/1...mass-murderer/

Two law enforcement officials say Lanza saw himself as being in direct competition with Anders Breivik, the Norwegian man who killed 77 people in July 2011.
    NEWTOWN, Conn. (CBS) – Sources tell CBS News that Adam Lanza, who shot and killed 26 people at a school in Connecticut, was motivated by another mass murderer.

"Sources"? It that kinda like Wikipedia?

Oh, and the two "law enforcement officials". I assume they are trained, degreed psychologists? They interviewed Lanza and know how he "saw himself"?

Why would anyone write such pointless bullshit - especially when does NOTHING but highlight the truth that the MSM encourages more nutcases to be "copycat killers"?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    I don't believe a word the media or authorities say about this guy or this 'supposed' crime.
    Honestly, I don't believe anyone was killed (except maybe Lanza). It was all just a training exercise extended into a grade B Hollywood production for the purpose of furthering the government's gun grabbing plans.

And it worked. Everyone is wringing their hands and crying about "Sandy Hook" and wanting to "do something" about it.

It worked before. Fly a few airplanes into the WTC buildings, fly a cruise missile into the Pentagon, blame it on "terrorists" and bam - the President has instant support for the Middle East war.

Nothing like a false flag "attack" to sway public opinion in the desired direction.

Watch for another "attack" soon. The "Sandy Hook" thing came really close to working, but not close enough. They need one more.

In competition with another mass murderer??

I fear my son will never be able to own anything stronger than a weak handgun with 9 bullet max and be personally limited to one firearm. He will not grow into a man with the same rights that I have. Shame. Our founding fathers warned us, a government in debt is not of the people, but of the lender.

Contributor 05/2012

Sounds like it's time to "restrict" the FIRST Amendment, because we HAVE to do something, right?

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

In that case I think we can expect a lot more Dorners to crop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemoncade View Post
    I fear my son will never be able to own anything stronger than a weak handgun with 9 bullet max and be personally limited to one firearm. He will not grow into a man with the same rights that I have. Shame. Our founding fathers warned us, a government in debt is not of the people, but of the lender.
    If that happens, it will be because WE (you, me and all of us here) allowed evil people to prevail.

When the local CBS radio station carried the story yesterday, the story also reported that a large number of extremely violent video games were found in Lanza's basement "playroom" where he would play these games for hours. The room was darkened with all the windows painted black as well.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    When the local CBS radio station carried the story yesterday, the story also reported that a large number of extremely violent video games were found in Lanza's basement "playroom" where he would play these games for hours. The room was darkened with all the windows painted black as well.
    I think I'd be more disturbed if an adult male had only family/ children's games.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"