Thread: Almost 7 months to the day ... First SBR AR

Almost 7 months to the day ... First SBR AR

Form 1 sent in 7-22-12 ... received stamp 2-23-13

The lower is a Colt 6940 and the upper is a Colt Diemaco that is in great shape but was an prison issue gun and has some handling & rack wear so it could stand a little refinishing.
    Last edited by kimberkid; 02-25-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Nice, very nice! What's it chambered for, .223 or .300 Blackout?

Congrats im jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    With the pmag in it im guessing 556
    admit nothing
    deny everything
    make counter accusations

Quote Originally Posted by filthy phil View Post
    Same mag for either caliber.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

That's great! I sent off my Form 1 for my first SBR a couple of weeks ago. (and two more for silencers) I'm going to follow my normal procedure though. At the 3 month mark I file a complaint with my Congresscritter. So far, every time I've done that I had my forms in hand 3 weeks later. We'll see.

Very cool history on that rifle, thanks for sharing. Any info on how it came to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by filthy phil View Post
    It's chambered for .223 ... I found it on Gunbroker as a used complete kit less receiver ... and I can keep all the full-auto parts as back-ups for my M16!

Very cool.

You don't see many Diemaco parts anymore.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    That's great! I sent off my Form 1 for my first SBR a couple of weeks ago. (and two more for silencers) I'm going to follow my normal procedure though. At the 3 month mark I file a complaint with my Congresscritter. So far, every time I've done that I had my forms in hand 3 weeks later. We'll see.

Very cool history on that rifle, thanks for sharing. Any info on how it came to you?
    What do you say to your "Congresscritter" ... I wouldn't mind speeding the process up by 3-4 months!

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

That's a beauty! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Same mag for either caliber.
    I have been hearing a lot of guys have problems with Pmags using .300BLK.....
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    What do you say to your "Congresscritter" ... I wouldn't mind speeding the process up by 3-4 months!
    You fill out the standard constituant complaint form for your congresscritter. It's been a while but you typically tell him that you've been in contact with ATF and all they can tell you is "it's pending" (which is true). You ask him/her to please look into the matter to see if there is any reason why your particular form is held up and if so to please see that it get fixed. Or, if there is some sort of systemic problem at ATF that needs a congressman's attention to please do what ever he can within his power to help the situation along, as three months time is more than adiquite to simply process paperwork that requires no investigation (mine is on a trust).

Then the congress critter's office will contact you and let you know that they are working on it. Then you'll get contacted again to let you know what they found and what's being done. One time the ATF actually called me before the Congressman's followup call and let me know that the forms were in the mail Sometimes there is not much they can do at the moment. I read that the ATF is really swamped right now with all the states becoming silencer friendly recently. BUT, that doesn't mean that the congressman can't get additional, or temporary, funding put in place to hire a few more processors until they get caught up. But if you don't let the congressmen know there is a problem, he won't know to try and fix the problem.

Remember folks, your congresscritter is there as your representative to the Federal Bureaucracy. The biggest job for them (at least it supposed to be) is to see that the people in their district are not swallowed up, or stomped on by bureaucratic "red tape". If you have ANY problem with a Federal system or personnel, do not hesitate to contact your Rep - they work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    I have been hearing a lot of guys have problems with Pmags using .300BLK.....
    There are a number of 30 cal. bullet profiles that have clearance issues with the internal rib on the Pmag. Some have filed the rib down for clearance or just not used those profile bullets. I myself use the Orlite brand mags without any issue. I have not read of anyone having issues when using factory 300BLK ammo as it uses correct profile bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    I have not read of anyone having issues when using factory 300BLK ammo as it uses correct profile bullets.

Sorry. With how scarce .300BLK was before the panic, I assumed everyone reloaded for it, hence the assumption. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    Sorry. With how scarce .300BLK was before the panic, I assumed everyone reloaded for it, hence the assumption. My bad.
    No apologies needed. Notice is used the lawyer "weasel" words "I have not read. . ."? Just because I haven't read it, doesn't mean that someone somewhere didn't have a problem. Most of the re-loaders now know about the issue with standard 30 cal pills and P-mags. There have been efforts to get correct profile bullets out but they are expensive, and especially in today's climate, we're taking anything we can find.

10th post