Thread: Difference between AKS 762 Poly Techs

Question Difference between AKS 762 Poly Techs

I have a Poly Tech side folder with wood furniture, there is also a version of the same rifle with red plastic furniture. Are there any differences between the two other than the furniture? Which has a higher value?
    Obama is a douche!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Other than the handguards and pistol grip there should be no difference between the two versions. Back when the Chinese were trying to figure out how to break into the US market, they would build the rifle how ever the importer wanted, and when David Keng had trouble selling the plastic furniture sidefolder, I would guess he tried wood, but only a few and they might have been changed here after importation.

I do know that because he had trouble selling the orange plastic set, he had them try a Galil style folder as he called it but Bush the First put an end to "evil featured" Chinese AK variants before they were able to break into the market. The Galil style sidefolder came with wood furniture.

To be honest I have only seen the Norinco version, the 56S-2 in both furniture types, but would not be surprised to see a Poly Tech that way.

Other than the furniture, as I said there should be no difference in the rifle itself. As to value, I would guess the plastic furniture would add to the value as it is too likely that the wood was added after importation.

They are the same receiver, but the stocks are different. The "Galil" side folder with wood hand guards is fairly rare, especially NIB. The red side folders seem to be more numerous but command a slightly higher price. It seems, at least for me, that people want to have the red one because it is so different. The stock on the "Galil" is tubular and the stock on the red folder is stamped sheet metal. I have seen( but did not buy) a set of Poly factory black bakelite side pieces for the stock on the "Galil". Not sure if any of those shipped that way to the U.S. or not. I am sure imanaknut can give more details...
    Last edited by Russbirch; 03-02-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Russbirch View Post
    They are the same receiver, but the stocks are different. The "Galil" side folder with wood hand guards is fairly rare, especially NIB. The red side folders seem to be more numerous but command a slightly higher price. It seems, at least for me, that people want to have the red one because it is so different. The stock on the "Galil" is tubular and the stock on the red folder is stamped sheet metal. I have seen( but did not buy) a set of Poly factory black bakelite side pieces for the stock on the "Galil". Not sure if any of those shipped that way to the U.S. or not. I am sure imanaknut can give more details...
    I guess imanaknut Was posting while I was typing... Thanks imanaknut !!!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Like everything in life, timing is everything, and usually I am the one who is a split second behind.