Thread: Need a Opinion or wisdom on vertical grips for UF

Pennsylvania, Where Arms are not questioned

Need a Opinion or wisdom on vertical grips for UF

Finally gotten around to saving up cash and putting a damage industries quad-rail system on my Wasr-10/63 UF. My current issues involve finding a sturdy enough and short enough grip to allow the magazine and stock to fold without interrupting the flow of actions. At first I tried the Tapco vertical grip I have for my Saiga-12 and that caused issues with ejecting the magazine bu the UF worked. Now I've been looking at the stubby Tapco grip which is about 3.1-3.6 inches long and the UTG MS QD Covert Combat Foregrip which is about same length. My only issues with the UTG from what I read from reviews is that its to small and its broken upon getting the item. I'm not sure if they are just ignorant to the product or not but its causing me conflicting emotions on getting it. On the other hand it has a quick attach lever on it and I love the idea of that not having to deal with tightening anything with tools but at the same time not sure if the lever will block the stock from locking under the receiver. I'd like to get an opinion on this and maybe there are other grips out there that can fit!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

I am the wrong person to ask, so I suggest having patience and eventually someone will be able to help you. I am sure someone has tried a front grip on an underfolder, other than the wooden Romanian grip that curves back to allow the folder to fold over it.

Thanks for the welcome imanaknut. If all I need is patience I got plenty to spare.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I'm glad you do, because most firearm owners have no patience. Some start complaining when they buy a firearm online and it isn't delivered by the time they hit "enter" to confirm the purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I'm glad you do, because most firearm owners have no patience. Some start complaining when they buy a firearm online and it isn't delivered by the time they hit "enter" to confirm the purchase!
    I wont buy a firearm unless I hold it in my hands and inspect it from every inch.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    A few thoughts...

Magpul angled foregrip.
    Magpul MOE vertical foregrip, though i'm not sure if it's short enough or not for the mag swing of a 7.62.

There's always this little gem too when they get back in stock.
    http://www.krebscustom.com/PartsPage...kovParts.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by stinker View Post
    A few thoughts...

Magpul angled foregrip.
    Magpul MOE vertical foregrip, though i'm not sure if it's short enough or not for the mag swing of a 7.62.

There's always this little gem too when they get back in stock.
    http://www.krebscustom.com/PartsPage...kovParts.shtml
    Very interesting idea, have you tested one of these, stinker? I've seen one similar but seems odd.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoguePO View Post
    Very interesting idea, have you tested one of these, stinker? I've seen one similar but seems odd.
    Not personally, but it is a viable workaround to the mag swing problem.

Down side is you gotta pick either right handed or left handed with the Krebs mount.
    That or you put one for each side and set yourself up a mall ninja special monstrosity with two vertical grips.