Thread: Need to know which Brand's of 7.62x39mm Ammo will not stick to a Magnet!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Angry Need to know which Brand's of 7.62x39mm Ammo will not stick to a Magnet!

I still have almost 1,300 Rounds of Wolf Military Classic. I have been slowly shooting it up over the last 4 Year's. However with 4 Indoor Ranges all within 50 Miles of me, I need to find a Round that is Lead Core, and also has a Jacket that will not stick to a Magnet. These damn Ranges are all scared of damageing the Backstops of their Range's. One Range will not even allow .223 Caliber Ammo to be Fired there. All my Ammo is new and non-Corrosive, and Lead Core. but those stupid Russian's put a Steel Jacket on the Core. To the best of my Knowledge only Silver Bear is the only Russian Brand that will not stick to a Magnet. I am tired of these Store Cleak's with there little Magnet's in Hand when they see someone with a Rifle walk in. I even gave one clown an Email I got back from Wolf Ammo saying that indeed the Core of their Round's was Lead Core. I called them up and asked them why did you put a steel Case on a Lead Core. The purpose of the Round is to be able to Shoot Inside!!! Getting tired of this. anyone know of a Safe Indoor Round that does not stick to Magnet's? rsvp! Paul

I am gettting tired of Driving 88 Miles to Sebastian to shoot Outdoor's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    I am gettting tired of Driving 88 Miles to Sebastian to shoot Outdoor's.
    How do you like that Sebastian range? I've thought about going down there to shoot myself. What does it cost?

It was 7 or 8 Dollar's not bad, for all day!! It is a great Range worth going to. You have to buy a cardboard backing for the Frame, which is I think is 50 Cents You can bring your own target's or Buy them there, however I dont think you can bring People Targets. They have a Website, however I forgot the Name of it. The I.R. Public Shooting Range. one of the best I have shot on. I used to belong to M.C.S.A. here in Martin County, but it has turned into a Rich Man's Club.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I walk out the kitchen door and tape a target to a box...

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Me too. But Hobe needs help here.

You can rest assured that the domestic varieties are all non-magnetic - Winchester, Remington but also PMC, S&B, etc.

It's just the Rusky, EB and chicom stuff that's got the bi-metal bullets.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Thank you much. I have fired Seller and Berot, Remington, before and Winchester very good Ammo. I shall keep them in mind when I shoot up all this stuff.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I think Yugo surplus is also fine - but check for sure - I know it's brass cased... but not sure about the bullets. It is corrosively primed too but that's no biggy.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

By the Way, what did you mean by EB Ammo??

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    By the Way, what did you mean by EB Ammo??
    Eastern Block? Just a guess.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003