Thread: Do we have any ARIZONA members here? What is the low down on your law re: buying?

Do we have any ARIZONA members here? What is the low down on your law re: buying?

I looked online and there was precious little I could find on AZ law.

This inquiry is based on a previous thread about something else, but I ask. Can you purchase a long gun and leave with it same day?

I think someone responded in the other thread that AZ is cash-and-carry after the NICS check or presentation of a CHL.

ETA: Just checked. Davepool confirmed cash-and-carry.

yes you can. Pass, pay, leave

Walk into gun store. Fill out 4473. Pass Nics check or show ccw. Pay for gun. Walk out and enjoy freedom.

If it's a private sale then you simply exchange money for gun and part ways. I personally at least verify Arizona residency after having way to many California people try and buy things off me at gun shows or craigslist. I wish I could sell to you guys, but law is law shitty as it is. I had to turn down $6500 for my NDM-86 because the guy was a Cali resident.

Quote Originally Posted by Integratedj View Post
    Walk into gun store. Fill out 4473. Pass Nics check or show ccw. Pay for gun. Walk out and enjoy freedom.

If it's a private sale then you simply exchange money for gun and part ways. I personally at least verify Arizona residency after having way to many California people try and buy things off me at gun shows or craigslist. I wish I could sell to you guys, but law is law shitty as it is. I had to turn down $6500 for my NDM-86 because the guy was a Cali resident.
    You did the right thing. Yes things are shitty for CA residents, but you should not do things to get YOU into trouble.

California Dept of Justice - Firearms Bureau is notorious for going to ALL the gun shows in the neighboring states, pretending to be buyers (and California residents which they are anyway) and try to entrap sellers into committing crimes. They do this all the time at NEVADA gun shows. Chances are some of the buyers are a Kalifornistan DOJ Setup.

You did the right thing. It's not worth it for you to end up in Jail in California (and they WILL grab you and drag you over here. It has been documented that they will).

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Integratedj View Post

What he said

Oh, and the cops are not allowed to destroy guns voluntarily surrendered, they must be auctioned off.

I think 99.9% of law abiding gun owners are like you, knowingly selling to a prohibited person is still against the law, even here in the wild west.

I was offered $1000 for a Ruger P94DC( three times what it was worth) at a gun show a couple years ago, i declined the offer. There's only one reason why someone would make such a ridiculous offer, well two if you consider that he was stupid as a rock.

I've only sold 3 guns in my life, 2 to close friends and one to my daughter....i'm a buyer, not a seller
    Last edited by davepool; 03-10-2013 at 09:59 PM.

I'm a little confused on the CA/AZ thing. I go from Texas to Oklahoma every year for the Wannemacher Gun Show. Can't tell you how many long guns I've bought there. Is there a law in AZ that prohibits sale to CA residents?

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charliebravo View Post
    I'm a little confused on the CA/AZ thing. I go from Texas to Oklahoma every year for the Wannemacher Gun Show. Can't tell you how many long guns I've bought there. Is there a law in AZ that prohibits sale to CA residents?
    I'm not sure, i'll try to find out.

Everyone i've talked to would rather sell to someone with a valid AZ identification, i can think of a few things that could go wrong selling a gun prohibited in california to someone you knew was from there.

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Everyone i've talked to would rather sell to someone with a valid AZ identification, i can think of a few things that could go wrong selling a gun prohibited in california to someone you knew was from there.
    I'd be surprised if AZ was swinging on Kali's nuts. Unless Arizona has a specific statute prohibiting the sales, then California law wouldn't extend into AZ. They can do their little "undercover stings" for the media, but the CA authorities have absolutely no jurisdiction in AZ for the purposes of criminal prosecution.