Thread: "I think we've already lost the gun control debate."

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking "I think we've already lost the gun control debate."

I know, "We've lost, how?"

The Gun Sales Association (fomerly NRA) has framed the debate quite nicely using their panic mode, and the sheer numbers of guns is at an unprecented high.

Even *IF* large magazine and assault rifle bans are passed, how the hell can those laws be enforced?
    Have the infamous "jack-booted thugs" go door-to-door demanding to search for those?
    Oh that will go over REAL well...

And now those 3-D printers are getting better and better, so the key parts for semi-auto guns can be made literally in someone's home.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...02&pid=2456719

Ah, the sweet smell of antis realizing the writing on the wall...

What's funny is, they may have actually had a shot at it, after Sandy Hook, if they hadn't shown their hand, the morons calling for door-to-door confiscation like in Washington state, spooked even the Fudds and pretty much blew any chance of even "moderate" gun controls ever passing.

They over-reacted, the backlash was brutal, and now they are back to Square One licking their wounds.

Even Schumer has been mysteriously silent despite Feinstein's shrill cries.

Now all we got to do is wait for the prices to fall back to normal levels, and all will be good.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Shown their hand? Anybody with a mind knows this has been in place for 30 yrs. Do you think the obama health care was written in 2 weeks? Naw it was written yrs ago.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

There are still many,many fights left yet and in certain states, NY and CO come to mind. We have lost alot of ground and 2014 will decide alot thru the elections across this country and i hope gun owners send a huge message in 2014 at the ballot box, if they dont well, long term we are in trouble. People in the past always looked for any trouble with the 2nd on the news close to election time and we have had very few for the last 15 yrs or so. Some RNC types need to be taken to the woodshed along with a whole lot of DNC types. Many of them have forgotten the 2nd Ad i am afraid? and the numbers of people who own firearms. It should be a grass roots level issue i would think?

Quote Originally Posted by rshaneck2002 View Post
    There are still many,many fights left yet and in certain states, NY and CO come to mind.
    I don't know about CO, but I'm 99.9% certain the courts will strike down the NY law.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I don't know about CO, but I'm 99.9% certain the courts will strike down the NY law.
    The NYS Supreme Court has already given the order that the state has until April 29 to show that the "Safe" act is constitutional, otherwise an injunction goes into effect.

There's no way it can be shown to be constitutional... and besides Cuomo is just sitting there deluding himself that "no changes will be made".

Almost every county in NY has passed resolutions calling for the repeal of the law. Only a few rabid areas downstate like the law... the other 95% or so of the state wants it gone.

Sheriffs all over have said they have no plans to enforce the law (although I don't know what good that would do since it's the governor's own Gestapo (the state police) that would do the "enforcing").

I think its all over. The antis played their trump card (the Sandy Hook hoax) and it didn't work. They have nothing left.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Shown their hand? Anybody with a mind knows this has been in place for 30 yrs. Do you think the obama health care was written in 2 weeks? Naw it was written yrs ago.
    Yeah, but a lot of them these days keep insisting that they just want "reasonable" controls, universal background checks, and that's as far as they'll go, confiscation is not a goal.

Then they let slip loose some language (in Washington state) where they flat-out said "police will come inspect homes once a year for compliance." OOPS! Before hastily withdrawing the bill...

Morons blew a perfect opportunity for incremental gun controls, all because some zealots couldn't keep it in their pants.

Now they get nothing.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Yeah, but a lot of them these days keep insisting that they just want "reasonable" controls, universal background checks, and that's as far as they'll go, confiscation is not a goal.
    The danger with the phrase, "Reasonable gun control" is that 'reasonable' is so vague that it can mean anything depending on who you ask. Therefore, "reasonable gun control" is a pile of steaming horse shit just like Hitler's "reasonableness" with the Jews. In conclusion, there is no such thing as "reasonable" gun control. The phrase "...shall not be infringed" doesn't have any wiggle room for "reasonable infringement." Diane Feinstein's version of "reasonable gun control" would be limiting firearm ownership to strictly the police and military.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    The danger with the phrase, "Reasonable gun control" is that 'reasonable' is so vague that it can mean anything depending on who you ask. Therefore, "reasonable gun control" is a pile of steaming horse shit just like Hitler's "reasonableness" with the Jews. In conclusion, there is no such thing as "reasonable" gun control. The phrase "...shall not be infringed" doesn't have any wiggle room for "reasonable infringement." Diane Feinstein's version of "reasonable gun control" would be limiting firearm ownership to strictly the police and military.
    I agree. Just like how they are trying to re-frame the debate as "gun safety" instead of "gun control."

Trying to put lipstick on a pig comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Diane Feinstein's version of "reasonable gun control" would be limiting firearm ownership to strictly the police and military.
    ...and herself.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Question

There is that Phrase again. Youall are going to have to explain to me what you mean by a 3 D Printer. How could you make a Gun out of Paper????? Plan's maybe! but what good is a 3 D Printer???? This forum is the only place I have heard one mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    There is that Phrase again. Youall are going to have to explain to me what you mean by a 3 D Printer. How could you make a Gun out of Paper????? Plan's maybe! but what good is a 3 D Printer???? This forum is the only place I have heard one mentioned.
    I know what you mean. I didn't understand at first because my mind could not comprehend that science fiction is becoming science fact.

There are polymers (plastics) that are normally liquid, but polymerize (turn into solid plastic) when exposed to an energy source (like an ultraviolet light).

Now, imagine a tray filled with a thin layer of that liquid. Use a computer controlled laser to "draw" the image of a part in the polymer. A thin layer of plastic forms in the shape drawn by the computer. Now add a little more polymer liquid and repeat the laser scan. Over and over - build up the shape until the part is finished.

Then take the piece out of the tray, wash off the excess "goop" and you have a computer drawn 3D plastic part.

Make sense?

Didn't somebody print an entire car like that?

To add tot he other posts explaining it:

Right now they can only produce some polymers and very expensive industrial versions can sinter metal.

But neither is cappable of manufacturing the high stress components of a firearm.

An AR lower, sure, but they haven't made one that will last more than a couple of mags yet.

Some grips for your weapon? Oh yeah! It can do that. A plastic adpater for the stock or other cosmetic features, sure, why not? Magazine components? It's possible.

But a chamber and barrel that won't KABOOM? Just not feasable even with the current state of the art. The old ways of forging, casting and milling are still the only way to make a decent firearm.

On the upside, NASA is considering using these machines to manufacture a moon base from raw materials onsite instead of hauling every darn thing out of our gravity well.

Awesome future for us! (Not so great for the ninnys who are afraid of Joe Schmo machining whatever tools he wants with a computer and a big box of goop.)

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

http://www.democraticunderground.com...02&pid=2456719

Ah, the sweet smell of antis realizing the writing on the wall...

What's funny is, they may have actually had a shot at it, after Sandy Hook, if they hadn't shown their hand, the morons calling for door-to-door confiscation like in Washington state, spooked even the Fudds and pretty much blew any chance of even "moderate" gun controls ever passing.

They over-reacted, the backlash was brutal, and now they are back to Square One licking their wounds.

Even Schumer has been mysteriously silent despite Feinstein's shrill cries.

Now all we got to do is wait for the prices to fall back to normal levels, and all will be good.
    Not totally sure about that statement. For some reason, I get the distinct feeling there was much more going on than just a nationwide gun-grab attempt. I think it was all choreographed very well to hide the real reason for all this anti-gun language.

While gun owners were busy fighting to stop the flood of anti-gun bills being introduced, Obamination, and his string pullers, were building up their arsenal of weapons, ammo, and equipment to enhance the DHS. Most people tended to overlook this, but I've been paying a little more attention to the buildup of the DHS. Obamination is rapidly strengthening it to the point that it will be even with the military in terms of combat readiness. The major difference is that the DHS will not hesitate to take orders directly from the Pres., no matter what he orders.

Those in power for the past 20 years kept testing the military to see where their true allegiance lay. When they realized the military would not support a power grab by the Executive Branch, they formed their own military unit, the DHS. Now, they're arming it right under our noses.

Of course, ANY gun control bills that manage to get through, on a state level, is a bonus point for the liberals. So, even if they do lose most of the attempts, there will still be some attemps that managed to pass.

Once the DHS is built up to the level they want, they'll not need to worry about gun control any more. They'll just step in and make a power grab and not worry about any "hot" situations that arise.

It's been a win-win situation for them all the way.