Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Korea cancelled its non agression agreement...

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

North Korea cancelled its non agression agreement...

North Korea has cancelled its nonagression agreements with the South and cut off a direct hotline with as well Thursday. (Jon Chol Jin/AP)

North Korea threatens to strike U.S. amid new UN sanctions
    North Korea's nuclear and missile programs
    North Korea: Profile of a nation that riles, baffles rest of world
    PHOTOS: Inside North Korea
    North Korea is cancelling a hotline and a non-aggression pact with South Korea and reiterating past threats in anger over a UN Security Council vote to impose more sanctions on the North for its third nuclear test.

The statement the North issued Friday comes after the council leveled tough, new sanctions targeting the North's economy and leadership. North Korea already has threatened of a pre-emptive nuclear strike on the United States.

North Korea says it will retaliate with "crushing strikes" if enemies intrude into its territory. It also says it is voiding past nuclear disarmament statements between North and South Korea.

It previously said it was canceling a hotline with the United States and the armistice that closed the Korean War in 1953.

The UN Security Council has voted unanimously for tough new sanctions to punish North Korea for its latest nuclear test, a move that sparked a furious Pyongyang to threaten a nuclear strike against the United States.

The vote Thursday by the UN's most powerful body on a resolution drafted by North Korea's closest ally, China, and the United States sends a powerful message to North Korea that the international community condemns its ballistic missile and nuclear tests — and its repeated violation of Security Council resolutions.

Immediately before the vote, an unidentified spokesman for Pyongyang's Foreign Ministry said early Thursday the North will exercise its right for "a preemptive nuclear attack to destroy the strongholds of the aggressors" because Washington is pushing to start a nuclear war against the North.

The White House responded by saying the U.S. is prepared to defend itself against a North Korean attack.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

They aren't just snubbing their nose at us, they are snubbing their nose at China too -- they crafted the latest U.N. resolution.

In the end, China may invade North Korea itself just to prevent the U.S. from getting involved.

North Korea would fall in days -- their northern border isn't anywhere near as fortified as their southern border is.

The only question is: would the U.S. stand idly by as China expands its territory?
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    They aren't just snubbing their nose at us, they are snubbing their nose at China too -- they crafted the latest U.N. resolution.

In the end, China may invade North Korea itself just to prevent the U.S. from getting involved.

North Korea would fall in days -- their northern border isn't anywhere near as fortified as their southern border is.

The only question is: would the U.S. stand idly by as China expands its territory?
    Yep...we would. Our corporate money in China could fuel the invasion....NK falls and is annexed by China and Western companies have a new place to set up cheap labor. Heck, Samick out of SK is known for making lots of guitars and basses. Well...they also make a lot of clothing and equipment for the Chinese Military. So many of those Chinese soldiers would be wearing SK made goods, and using SK made gear.

China rules, money talks, BS walks. Now the big question is, will China stop at the d-militerized zone? But once again, the US will probably have to stick it's nose in yet another place it doesn't belong, spend anolther few billion, that we borrow from China, so it's the same thing, either way. I wonder if when the time comes, China will still loan US money, to buy bullets to shoot at them?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Kerry needs to talk sense to China. They should throw in with the US and back S Korea in an invasion - to unify Korea and create a new and healthy trading partern for us both. All NK is right now is a PITA and an endless rice hole. To who's benefit is it that they continue to be an isolated communist dictatorship?
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by cootertwo View Post
    China rules, money talks, BS walks. Now the big question is, will China stop at the d-militerized zone? But once again, the US will probably have to stick it's nose in yet another place it doesn't belong, spend anolther few billion, that we borrow from China, so it's the same thing, either way. I wonder if when the time comes, China will still loan US money, to buy bullets to shoot at them?
    China will stop at the d-line. As soon as they crossed it every Western nation would embargo and China would be back to a 3rd world cesspool within a few months. Actually the best thing that could ever happen to the USA is China crossing that d-line or a Civil War in China.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

No worries, this shouldn't be anything dennis rodman can't straighten out with his buddy.

The DPRK must have a death wish.

The only reason they've been able to last as long as they have is support from China. And that goes all the way back to the Korean War.

Now, Beijing may be as covetous and warlike as they come, but not even the Chinese want a nuclear war int their backyard. They may have to step in to save face.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Just Think! If North Korea Fall's. Someone with some Bussiness Sense would get ahold of all the Stockpiled Type-63 SKS Rifles, and all the Type-66 Tokarev Pistol's in the North Korean Inventory, and sell them to us!!! just like all this stuff is comming out of Albania now. We all know how rare the North Korean SKS is!!

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    Just Think! If North Korea Fall's. Someone with some Bussiness Sense would get ahold of all the Stockpiled Type-63 SKS Rifles, and all the Type-66 Tokarev Pistol's in the North Korean Inventory, and sell them to us!!! just like all this stuff is comming out of Albania now. We all know how rare the North Korean SKS is!!
    I wouldn't mind one of each.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

I really have to wonder where they get the money they have. They do not produce anything. Where do the millions of dollars come from? if N K can have a nuke why cant I, I am more stable than their leaders.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

I doubt NK lifts a finger without asking its masters in China. NK could make a great patsy to do Chinas (and Russias) dirty work of getting ww3 started. NK starts it and gets the US involved and spent, and then China and/or Russia step in.

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I really have to wonder where they get the money they have. They do not produce anything. Where do the millions of dollars come from? if N K can have a nuke why cant I, I am more stable than their leaders.
    They like to counter fit money for one. They have various other ilegal operations going on as well to raise money.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

It would be a real shame if one or two of their nuclear warheads "accidentally" detonated on the launch pad or in a silo somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil125 View Post
    China will stop at the d-line. As soon as they crossed it every Western nation would embargo and China would be back to a 3rd world cesspool within a few months. Actually the best thing that could ever happen to the USA is China crossing that d-line or a Civil War in China.
    Jack Burton would drive the Pork Chop Express right up to that little dictator's front door and throw a boot knife through his face.

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    Jack Burton would drive the Pork Chop Express right up to that little dictator's front door and throw a boot knife through his face.
    Feel pretty good. I'm not, uh, I'm not scared at all. I just feel kind of... feel kind of invincible.

That is one of my favorite movies.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Feel pretty good. I'm not, uh, I'm not scared at all. I just feel kind of... feel kind of invincible.

That is one of my favorite movies.
    If that is not one of your favorite movies I think there is something a little wrong with you.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Send over a wave of nuke-equipped drones with large Iranian flags painted on them and let 'em crash into the squinting commies. Pop some popcorn, sit back, and enjoy the show.

The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

If that is not one of your favorite movies I think there is something a little wrong with you.
    I've got the framed theatrical poster.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I have the tank top with the samurai on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast