Thread: Put an order in with Powder Valley yesterday.

Put an order in with Powder Valley yesterday.

Checking around they seemed to be the only ones that had anything. Get it while you can. . .

Normally get my loading stuff from http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

All of the on-line places have been hit hard again - obummer is the best gun/ammo/component salesmen ever...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    All of the on-line places have been hit hard again - obummer is the best gun/ammo/component salesmen ever...
    Yep, I got a call from PV yesterday morning. They had actually run out of Red Dot. The good news was that was all, the rest of my order was processed, and it's a big one (at least for me). I think I'm just a few ounces shy from the 50 pound limit

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Loading shot shells with the Red Dot?

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Loading shot shells with the Red Dot?
    That was the idea. I'm not planning on doing any loading right now though, I just thought it'd be a good idea to have a pound of it on hand. Kegs of 5744, BLC-2, Unique, and 2400; various one pounders and 17,000 various primers. Yep, the order just broke into 4 digits for payment. With the mad buying on I figured if I waited untill after Christmas there wouldn't be any left.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    That was the idea. I'm not planning on doing any loading right now though, I just thought it'd be a good idea to have a pound of it on hand. Kegs of 5744, BLC-2, Unique, and 2400; various one pounders and 17,000 various primers. Yep, the order just broke into 4 digits for payment. With the mad buying on I figured if I waited untill after Christmas there wouldn't be any left.
    That's probably true, the not being any left. I'm glad I have what I have. Now I just need to get it loaded into ammo. I've got .30 cal bullets, cases and primers I haven't touched in 12 years just sitting there waiting to be loaded up. Never enough time it seems.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

I ordered some .224, 40gr. Nosler bullets today from Powder Valley. Apparently, they have some goods left, but nothing is shown on their web site. He said they're about 3 1/2 weeks behind schedule in shipping.

3 1/2 weeks ain't bad right now!

Yep, 3 1/2 weeks is like tomorrow, these days. Can't use 'em until then anyway. Just finished loading some .303 British for a neighbor. He's a plumber by trade and helped us, so this is a return favor. As long as the .303 is set up, I'll do some for myself. There's just something about those Enfields that gets my attention.

They are the best of the WWII bolt guns IMHO. Round is equivalent to 7.62x51. Fast cycling and the MkIV's have aperture sights. What's not to love?

Shot mine last weekend. Very comfortable and minimal kick. Triggers aren't too bad, either. Think I'll load some .303 for myself over the weekend. I have some PP cases that seem to be holding up just fine, as I'm using light loads.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I've bought 160 rounds for the No. 5 since I got it and I'm saving cases... I may use it for deer/pig If I get the groups down a little. It isn't bad at all with the 150 grains...

My best accuracy with my SMLE's has been achieved with cast boolit loads. .314" 200 grain Lyman boolit. The Woodliegh jacketed 215 grain .314" are also very good if you can find them/stomache the price. The trick is the diameter. Oh, and I also neck size the once-fireds as is normal for SMLE "accuracy" loads - and to stretch case life.