Thread: Finally Finished My R1S

Finally Finished My R1S

I have had this gun for approx. 2 weeks now, I ordered parts for it as soon as I picked it up. I Love the R1 that I had and I left it stock except for the trigger, Great Gun. But I wanted the R1S instead of the blued R1. I traded the R1 off and waited for one of the R1S to show up and it finally did. I would have bought the R1S enhanced but I really do not like a couple things on the enhanced model, so I bought the R1S and parts to up grade it to the way I wanted it. I finally have gotten all the parts in and after quite a bit of fitting and testing the gun is really the way I want it. Things that I did not want that the enhanced have is I do not like the front strap on the grip lined or checkered, I prefer the smooth feel of the standard R1's, I also do not like the trigger in the enhanced to long for my short hands ( but I change the trigger out any way on the standard R1 because the factory trigger has to much slop in it for my taste ) I also do not like the front slide serrations for cocking or checking if loaded on the enhanced nor do I like the sights on the enhanced model. I do like the beaver tail grip safety and the hammer on the enhanced model and the 8 round magazine that comes with it.
    So with all those things said (I am not knocking the Enhanced I just feel a combination of both models suites me better) I have replaced several parts on my R1S, here is the list that has been replaced.
    1. Wilson Combat Deluxe Beaver Tail safety
    2. Wilson Combat deluxe Hammer and Sear
    3. Smith&Alexander Extended Magwell/Mainspring Housing
    4.Black Grips (Not sure if I like them maybe going to buy some Esmeralda Grips)
    5. Wilson Short Target trigger (these just drop in and take the loose fitting trigger out of the gun)
    6. SS Grip Screws
    7. Wilson Combat SS 8 round magazine
    8. Fusion Thick Flanged SS end cap

Like I said the grip safety and stock thumb safety needed some fitting with the new sear and hammer, Beaver tails usually do need fitting anyway but after fitting and testing and retesting for all functions including safety the gun preforms perfect and is the way I really like it.

Nice piece. Whatever you do dont try and blend the rear frame, slide area. The frame is too thin due to the series 80 safety and it will crack if you grind on it.

Ask me how I know...

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

That is a nice looking pistol. A real nice looking pistol. Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I have shot it at 15 yards it's dead on accurate. Love it, real good (light trigger ) and crisp.