Thread: New Sodbuster

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up New Sodbuster

In the case of GEC they call it a Bullnose.

http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/...-delrinfx2.jpg

Thought I had missed the initial offering on these but found a site in WV that had them. Very nice fit and finish. Excellent snap with half stop. The pull isn't too hard so that you break a nail but it's not one that is easy to pinch open. Took a few licks on my Sharpmaker to get the edge shaving sharp but it's good to go now and in my pocket for the next week or so at least.

The sodbuster pattern is one I've liked for a long time. In addition to this one I also have a large Boker Tree brand Gaucho, Queen Country Cousin and a large Case Sodbuster. Great pattern and a handy EDC.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Not an overly sexy looking knife. Is it a limited edition?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Not really "limited" but they only made it in 2012 so what's out there is all there is. The Sodbuster design is one that's been around for a long time. Kind of a working mans knife that's been upgraded a bit. I'm a sucker for orange scales and like the simplistic nature of the overall design so this was one I really wanted. GEC is really making a name for itself with it's quality, design and material choices.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I had a Case Sodbuster for years. Was a very serviceable knife.