Thread: TSA allows knives back on flights

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Post TSA allows knives back on flights

TSA now allowing the carry of knives. Here is a link to the allowed items.

http://www.tsa.gov/sites/default/fil...ems_update.pdf

Basically the knife must have a non-locking blade under .5" wide at the widest part, no longer than 2.36" (entire blade not just cutting edge) and it cannot have a molded handle.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

So basically the box cutters used on 911 can now be brought on planes again...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post

No razors or boxcutters. No reason you can't put a razors edge on the knife though.

Only the pilots behind there locked and reinforced door are important. The passengers and flight attendents are okay to be slashed or beaten with golf clubs, bats ect that they are also letting you bring on.

I myself think the TSA should just go away. What is there purpose anymore I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    Nope, neither one folds and both lock the blade which is not allowed. Basically your smaller slipjoint pocket knives are allowed.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Nope, neither one folds and both lock the blade which is not allowed. Basically your smaller slipjoint pocket knives are allowed.
    Which is ultimately just as effective a cutting tool anyways.

So, what is the point of the TSA now other than to grope and dehumanize travelers?

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    There TSA budget cuts negotiations coming up soon or something?

Guess the dems have decided they need another plane bringing a building down to the ground in a million pieces littered with the burned corpses of the people that were inside of both so they can expand the departments budget.

24" and under baseball bats now allowed.....seriously?
    In skilled hands you can engage at least a dozen people in a confined space(kind of like a plane) and do serious damage with that as a weapon alone.

They can not possibly be that fking stupid.

Betcha a wooden nickel they'll still confiscate your shampoo and check your toothpaste for explosives though.
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

There were no restrictions on knives before 9/11 and even on that day knives were not used. I look at it as a small return to common sense. If you believe we are safer without knives on planes I guess gun free zones are a good idea afterall?
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Talk about no restrictions? Back in the days that my father flew on prop-jobs the idea of carrying a handgun on a plane was considered normal.

I saw a guy on my last flight with a big ass camera tripod. That was the first thing I wouldve commandeered if something popped off.