Thread: YO, my bitches! Check out my Pigsticker

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up YO, my bitches! Check out my Pigsticker

aka the Buck 651 Intruder.

Haven't researched the exact figures yet but something like 1,000 of these were made for export to Australia for pig hunting. Story is a few hundred were never shipped or for some reason stayed here and were sold through the Buck factory store. Been wanting one of these ever since I saw one for the first time. It wears the same type handle as most of the Nighthawk 650 series blades which I actually like but it's the modified spear point blade with the unsharped top edge and blood grooves that really appeals to me. It's a pretty thick, almost 8" blade but the knife is quite lively and light in the hand.

Here is another shot with one of my early production 650 Nighthawks with a 6.5" blade.

If you get a chance check on the Buck Nighthawk series. I don't care for the looks of the newer collaboration they are doing with TOPS but the older ones like I have are a great fixed blade and very underpriced and under appreciated IMHO. For sure if you run across a 651 Pigsticker scoop it up or tell me about it cause they are way sweet!
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 02-22-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Nice, I really like the looks the grip on that. Little big for a skinning knife but I bet it would be great for social work.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

was_peacemaker
    I dig it! Mind me asking what it cost?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    I dig it! Mind me asking what it cost?
    I paid just over $200. I've seen them, NIB go for about the same to close to $300 or a little higher on ebay.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Looks good, nice!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

That is a sweet looking knife. Looks like it should have bayonet mounts.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"