Thread: NDM 85 firing pin removal

NDM 85 firing pin removal

I am trying to figure out how to remove the firing pin from my NDM 86. I did a search on the forum and got nothing back. Is there a trick to it? I left a PM for Gunsmoke, but he has not logged on since January. As a new member, I am not allowed to send him an email.
    I have the spring loaded fix, and the spring broke and want to at least take it out.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Also, if anybody has any contact info for Gunsmoke, it would be appreciated. If not comfortable since I am a new member, I understand.
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1427 View Post
    I am trying to figure out how to remove the firing pin from my NDM 86. I did a search on the forum and got nothing back. Is there a trick to it? I left a PM for Gunsmoke, but he has not logged on since January. As a new member, I am not allowed to send him an email.
    I have the spring loaded fix, and the spring broke and want to at least take it out.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Also, if anybody has any contact info for Gunsmoke, it would be appreciated. If not comfortable since I am a new member, I understand.
    Thanks again
    Take the Bolt out of the carrier and look at the side of it, you will see a cross pin. I don't remember which side it pushes out to, but it should be obvious. My pin came out really easy.
    Push the cross pin out, and the firing pin will be free to be removed.
    CDNN may still have springs.

I got it, thanks!