Thread: mak90 underfolder conversion ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

mak90 underfolder conversion ?

I've been looking for a underfolder and was wondering if I take a thumbhole stocked mak90 that has the rear receiver dimples for a underfolder assembly provision, do I need to get a rear trunnion or are they already included in the receiver?
    I've seen several mak90's that has the familiar "cross" at the rear, but I don't know if they have a rear trunnion that has the hole for the underfolder option. Thanks!

Next would be tracking down a u.f.'g assembly w/o going into hock!

I had a NHM that I converted. I just dremmeled of the rivet and put the stock on. If it has the cross then it should be folder ready.

The trunnion is an underfold trunnion. The underfold stock and hardware were just removed and a cover riveted in place to cover the holes. If you can find a complete folder and mechanism you can convert it back to a folder and get rid of the bumhole stock.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The Chinese underfolders had no rear trunion, they just had a cover plate with the recoil spring slot over the rear of the receiver. As said by the others, just cut the rivet that holds the plates over the evil underfolder mounting holes, cut the stock tang off the rear plate, install the underfolder and enjoy your rifle with the knowledge that you just made George Bush the First a little more uncomfortable.

Great! Just the info I was looking for. Thanks!

Meeting a guy tomorrow on a MAK90 bushole stock,200 rnds.and 30rnd Chinese mag. Should be a great rifle to start on its transformation!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by imanaknut; 04-13-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: added photo to show receiver is not underfolder ready.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    As long as you are just looking to change it from the Bush-hole stock to standard 56S type stockset you are ok. Just hope you aren't talking about installing an underfolder because the rifle you show has a standard fixed stock receiver.

Regardless, it looks like a really nice rifle!