Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun powder ban coming?

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Gun powder ban coming?

You didn't need to be clairvoyant to see this coming

WASHINGTON, D.C.—In the wake of the deadly bombing attacks in Boston, U.S. Senator Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ) today announced that he will reintroduce legislation he has proposed in a prior Congress to require that sales of explosive powder be subject to a background check. He will also file the legislation as an amendment to the gun violence prevention bill currently on the Senate floor.

http://www.dailypaul.com/282529/fran...nfowars-reddit

The day after i saw the video of the explosions i suspected some type of gunpowder was used. I emailed Graf & Sons that day and increased my black powder order from 8 to 15 pounds, it will be here next week.

Any of you who are BP shooters,like i have just started to enjoy, better get ready, the bullshit is starting to roll our way.
    Last edited by davepool; 04-20-2013 at 04:40 AM.

I made the same post right after the bombing. These authoritarian pricks will exploit this for all its worth.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Why doesn't someone use The Dick Act of 1902 to put an end to all this BS?

never let a crisis go to waste..

YAY!!!!!!!!

More Freedoms trampled by our elected douchebags due to pigfucking muslims

Has it even been established that they used gun powder?

As convenient as smokless is to someone who wants a bang, there are a LOT of ways to home brew an explosion from common chemicals that can be sourced in any hardware store, auto parts store or pharmacy.

Heck, people accidentally injure themselves stumbling onto the formula for clorine gas by accident all the time (ammonia and bleach AKA Windex and Clorox). This particular concoction was a favorite of the Chechen rebels who would fill tanker trucks with the stuff making enormous chemical pipe bombs.

How about plain old flour? That stuff manages to blow up entire grain silos all on it's own with alarming frequency. In fact, it's harder to stop it from exploding than it is to get it to detonate.

Trying to "ban" explosions is like trying to ban physics...

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    You didn't need to be clairvoyant to see this coming

WASHINGTON, D.C.—In the wake of the deadly bombing attacks in Boston, U.S. Senator Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ) today announced that he will reintroduce legislation he has proposed in a prior Congress to require that sales of explosive powder be subject to a background check. He will also file the legislation as an amendment to the gun violence prevention bill currently on the Senate floor.

http://www.dailypaul.com/282529/fran...nfowars-reddit

The day after i saw the video of the explosions i suspected some type of gunpowder was used. I emailed Graf & Sons that day and increased my black powder order from 8 to 15 pounds, it will be here next week.

Any of you who are BP shooters,like i have just started to enjoy, better get ready, the bullshit is starting to roll our way.
    Thanks for posting this Dave. Guess I'll run by SW and get rid of some more gift cards today.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    I got to thinking about this the other day, aren't they the ones that keep saying that the second amendment was only supposed to apply to "muskets"? So by their logic a ban on black powder would be unconstitutional

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post

As convenient as smokless is to someone who wants a bang, there are a LOT of ways to home brew an explosion from common chemicals that can be sourced in any hardware store, auto parts store or pharmacy.

Heck, people accidentally injure themselves stumbling onto the formula for clorine gas by accident all the time (ammonia and bleach AKA Windex and Clorox). This particular concoction was a favorite of the Chechen rebels who would fill tanker trucks with the stuff making enormous chemical pipe bombs.

How about plain old flour? That stuff manages to blow up entire grain silos all on it's own with alarming frequency. In fact, it's harder to stop it from exploding than it is to get it to detonate.

Trying to "ban" explosions is like trying to ban physics...
    Flour is explosive only when in an aerosol suspension, a big cloud of flour in the air in other words. Add spark = boomskie. On the opening post premise, in the 1970's Black Powder ownership was limited to 5 pounds. Federal legislation took years to get passed that expanded this to 50 LBS. of possession. They had restricted it due to assholes like the Weather Underground, Black Panthers etc. from the late 60's early 70's radicalism movement. It was pain in the ass to Muzzle Loading gun owners and made it impossible for the 1812 Overture to be performed in concert with live cannon. 5 Lbs. wasn't enough to get 1/2 way through the piece.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I've been trying to get powder for .223 and .308 for two months and can't find more than a pound here and there...

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    I've been trying to get powder for .223 and .308 for two months and can't find more than a pound here and there...
    That's not cause there's a ban I'm sure you know, it is from panic consumption over Sandyhook and Obama's thugs in the Senate.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    If you find a pound here and there you are lucky. I can't find any at all up here around Abilene. Did get 250 rounds of 147gr FMJ .308 for $39.99 yesterday. Thought that was pretty good, all things concidered.

Last Friday I got 900 large magnum rifle primers for $9.00....cause they were older than who knows.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

I caught Wolf .223 primer in stock at Widner's and bought 5,000 a while back... I just can't find powder...

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    That's not cause there's a ban I'm sure you know, it is from panic consumption over Sandyhook and Obama's thugs in the Senate.
    Yep...

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    I caught Wolf .223 primer in stock at Widner's and bought 5,000 a while back... I just can't find powder...
    I like Hogdon 4895 for my .223...what are you looking for?
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    I like Hogdon 4895 for my .223...what are you looking for?
    That would do. I've been wanting some of Widner's surplus powder because of cost. I wanted 8# or more. If I get the surplus I was going to get 6 x 8#...

If I wanted to build a "bomb" I sure as hell would not use black powder.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

That would do. I've been wanting some of Widner's surplus powder because of cost. I wanted 8# or more. If I get the surplus I was going to get 6 x 8#...
    You want 48 pounds of powder? LOL....you and what army. You could reload for a couple of infantry squads if you had the brass.

I haven't seen any 4895 in a while...Hogdon or IMR. I use Hogdon Benchmark in my .308.

I have +/-2500 casings and 5,000 bullets and 5,000 primers. That doesn't count the new cartridges...

I have +/-2500 casings and 5,000 bullets and 5,000 primers. That doesn't count the new cartridges...
    .223 or .308 or a mixture of the two?

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

What difference does that make. It is actually easier for them to work on a ban if they use rumor and innuendo vice waiting for facts.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast