Thread: Whats that hold the Ruskies use with their AK slings?

was_peacemaker

Whats that hold the Ruskies use with their AK slings?

Its wear you lay the AK across someones back. Wrap their left arm around the stock, their right arm around the barrel and then wrap the sling around their fore head positioning their head, neck and arms so they can't move.

Basically its done to make a human shield that you can turn and shoot from with your rifle...or you can shoot a pistol from behind them.

Anyway I forget the name of it...but its got some funky name. Well long story short in history class we were talking about the Soviet secret police and I got up and explained this tactic among others to the class...and it now appears that I have scared the crap out of all the black people in there. I didn't mean to...but I did. I was doing it for academic purposes...and of course I had no gun or sling available...I just explained it with my hands.

Anyway I think I posted about this a couple weeks ago and it still seems the black students are nervous around me.

Anyway I have been showing my friends how to do it...and they either think I am a nut or that it is the most awesome trick with a gun sling they have ever seen. I don't see it anymore or less than a martial art type move with a gun sling used to secure a person. Is it a bit sick? Well...yeah but so can Bruce Lee's one inch punch depending on the eye of the beholder.

But I am trying to find out if there are any other gun sling tricks out there. And what the name of that one is. Anyone know?

was_peacemaker
    bump

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Make a youtube vid of you showing us how its done with your hands, so we'll know what you're talking about.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

They only teach the "Broskie Hug" to their very, extra "special" forces...

That sounds like some Systema goofyness. Sometimes when demoing concept stuff they vere into things that are more to demontrate theory than actual application.

It looks cool but you should grab a couple of airsofts and practice with your buddies. Take turns in the binder / bindee role. You'll see if it's a) workable when someone is fighting back and b) easy to fight back against if it isn't.

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say this sweet roping move would work a very low percentage of the time.

Unless you're in a Jason Statham movie, of course...
    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo GED; 04-21-2013 at 05:46 PM.

People don't generally make very good bullet shields. Just useless spetsnaz flash.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    People don't generally make very good bullet shields. Just useless spetsnaz flash.
    Knowing this tactic came out of the Soviet Union...I think its something those commies utilized after they raided the home(s) of civies and then they can use a few civies as bullet shields. Not so much to stop anything...but make it more difficult for an enemy to take a shot at them.