Thread: Is this a reasonable price?

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Is this a reasonable price?

I know "reasonable" is a subjective term in today's market, but I was bored and looking around for stuff in my state and saw this. Since I have yet to add an AK to my collection I was curious if it'd be decent to start with. Doubt I'll get it, but if I somehow did I'd swap stock, brake, etc.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/136699...n-ak47-7-62x39
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

For what he is asking it isn't bad. It is a factory Hungarian not a CAI rebuild...

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

That's good to know until I discovered it listed for another area and seller says it takes single stack mags. http://www.armslist.com/posts/137349...-numbers-ak-47

Oh well.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    That's good to know until I discovered it listed for another area and seller says it takes single stack mags. http://www.armslist.com/posts/137349...-numbers-ak-47

Oh well.
    I was just about to mention that it is a single stack AK, would need to be opened up to accept normal 30 rounders.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

FWIW I had one of these years ago. IIRC they were selling at CDNN for around $200 at the time. The mags are crap and expensive. Converted mine to take standard AK mags, installed an RSA trigger group and a blonde stock set from Ironwood Designs. Ended up with probably the nicest and prettiest AK I ever had. Still regret selling it.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Reminds me of my Zastava PaP.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
    Plato

I am interested in the RSA trigger assy that was mentioned by Mr. Simmons. I am new to the forum and have a post in the gunsmith section about a JARD 3.5 lb trigger that I just installed in a Romainian WASR. How does the RSA trigger perform? Thank you for any input.