Thread: My PSL Range report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 02/2013 s15v8's Avatar

My PSL Range report

Back home on vacation and one of the first things I did was to try out the PSL the first attempt was to try it at 50 yards to figure out where the scope is pointing

50 yards

some of the shots got away from me but overall real good I think

100 yards

I had to retune the scope and started going the wrong way as you can see, I had to let the gun cool off for a little bit and the last 3 shots are in the center so I'm very happy how it turned out,
    I used 147grn surplus ammo, I don't know if that was the bulgy or russian ammo.
    I'll be heading out tomorrow and tweak it a little more and try the hornady and wolf gold ammo.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Good last group. I bet your next range trip, all your shots will be like that.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Those scopes aren't the easiest to zero in. Still looks like you had a good time.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

The last 3 shots are pretty damn good for the type weapon that it is especially with surplus ammo.

Looking good. The head stamp on the ammo tells the source. Russian LB is mostly 188. Be careful with those heavier rounds, if there's any evidence the carrier is smacking the rear trunion, you'd better lay off the heavy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    Looking good. The head stamp on the ammo tells the source. Russian LB is mostly 188. Be careful with those heavier rounds, if there's any evidence the carrier is smacking the rear trunion, you'd better lay off the heavy stuff.
    Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that. I haven't shoot mine for years. Next time I take it out I will check for that.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    Yes I did have fun out on the range aknut, I wish my girl got to go with me, I'd let her shoot it, it would be pretty hot seeing a hot blonde shooting that thing

The scope I use is a brand new 8x42 POSP scope from Kalinka Optics, I'll be finding out tomorrow if the set screws stayed in place. Kalinka Optics have downloadable pdfs if you look at their scopes, it sure helped me set mine up since its my first scope for a rifle.

Re: My PSL Range report

I've been having a heck of a time dialing in my PSO-1M2 scope on my Drag. Does yours stay the same after you tighten the set screws on the scope?

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

nice grouping

My PSL Range report

Thanks Aaron, I think I would have done better if I took my time on most of those shots, maybe adjust the rsa trigger too,feels like its got a hair trigger, will try again next time I'm back home on vacation
    Oh and by the way, I didn't see too much difference with the wolf gold and hornady brass cased ammo, compared with the surplus other than my psl hated them from time to time, had one fail to eject but wasn't hard to remove, another ones primers got blown back and caused my firing to get stuck, had to use clp to get it unstuck.

Only time I had the issues was the brass cases, zero problems with the steel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post some pics of it when you can

My PSL Range report

Here it is next to my ar15 and my brothers sr15
    Hope you meant the psl, it's has the dragunov style stock from Rhineland arms
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by s15v8; 05-13-2013 at 09:44 PM.

yeah, looks great, thanks

Thanks, I wish my groups are as nice as your tiger's and your tiger is really nice looking too.

thanks