Thread: Advise needed -AK 47 100 rd drum magazine

Advise needed -AK 47 100 rd drum magazine

t1rsz_11rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1imported_photos_00000.jpgt1rsz_2dsc_0007_640x490.jpgt1rsz_1dsc_0004_2_800x462_640x370.jpgI need some advise on the selling price of an AK 47 100 rd drum magazine with the made in China sticker on it. I picked it up used a while back but have never loaded it or used it. It appears to be in very good condition as far as looking at it goes, but like I said I have never used it myself. I do not need the drum, and only got it to put it away for later. Now it is time to sell it and move on to another endeavor, but I do not know how much I should list it for. I have seen a very few advertized on the internet for sale and they seem to be hard to find and high in price. Please let me know your honest opinion. Thanks.
    Last edited by usaimages; 07-03-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: photos

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Are you sure it was the 100 round and not the 75?

I've seen the 100 round from $150 to $300. IIRC, I paid $180 for the one I have several years ago. With the current craziness, who knows what it will bring. I'd list it on gunbroker for $150 plus shipping, no reserve and see what happens... Sometimes listing for $1 and no reserve starts a real bidding war and brings even more...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

A 100 round Chinese drums has 4 scroll rings for ammo, the 75 has three.

When I bought my last one, if memory serves me correctly I paid about $150 for it. These days I would do what El Laton Caliente suggested and just list it on Gunbroker with a starting price of $150 plus shipping and keep your fingers crossed. If you have a minimum price you want, set it as the reserve, but start the bidding at $150 with the reserve.

Good luck.

Thank uou

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Welcome to the group !!!

A 100 round Chinese drums has 4 scroll rings for ammo, the 75 has three.

When I bought my last one, if memory serves me correctly I paid about $150 for it. These days I would do what El Laton Caliente suggested and just list it on Gunbroker with a starting price of $150 plus shipping and keep your fingers crossed. If you have a minimum price you want, set it as the reserve, but start the bidding at $150 with the reserve.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the answer guys - The drum will hit Gunbroker very soon.