Thread: 10/22 back together...

Post 10/22 back together...

I took this apart last year nib and had bolt jeweled and 3.5 lb trigger done (drop in assembly from Hornet)

Was gonna customize it more with bull barrel/Hogue stock but threw it back together stock and put a Tasco Pronghorn scope on it for now.

Good enough for now.

Maybe one of the Ruger "tactical" barrels with the AR type flash suppressor on it later.
    Patron Life member NRA

U.S. Army Combat Engineer
    237th Eng. Batt.
    Heilbronn,Germany 1976-79

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Love the bolt jewelling NRAJOE. The 10-22 is one rifle I've never purchased, someday I must get one. Knowing me though I'll probably just buy a reciever, a match barrel and a custom stock and build one up from scratch.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Nice jewel job! Funny you mention a bull barrel on Hogue stock, been there, done that. I took a standard receiver, messaged the trigger group to lighten the pull, of course fixed the bolt hold open and installed the mag release, then installed one of those fancy carbon tension bull barrels and a Hogue overmold receiver. SAAAA-WEEET!

Am glad I bought my 10/22s before the prices took off. Got some great deals when Dick's stole Galyan's and the local store had some amazing discounts on their firearms before Dick's took over. Got one to convert into that silly Bullpup which is just as accurate as any 10/22 but with a trigger you have to get used to and get over the fact that it sucks. Got one that I put a Choate pistol grip stock on which really makes the standard 10/22 even nicer to hold on target. Of course I modified their bolt hold open device to allow it to work the way every other firearm does, put the extended mag release on and did my magic on the trigger.

Funny thing about the 10/22 is that you can easily spend 2 or 3 times the original price just customizing them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Love the bolt jewelling NRAJOE. The 10-22 is one rifle I've never purchased, someday I must get one. Knowing me though I'll probably just buy a reciever, a match barrel and a custom stock and build one up from scratch.

I havent had one in years, buying one off a co-worker for $150 and suppressing it.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Beautiful bolt!

I already have one, but man is a SS Takedown model calling my name....
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!