Thread: How long is your recent form 1 or 4 taking to to pending?

How long is your recent form 1 or 4 taking to to pending?

The first of February I bought a few suppressors ... a 22LR my dealer had in stock, sent in the form 4 and it went pending in about 2 weeks ... the others he had to order. My SilencerCo Osprey 45 came in late March, I sent in the form 4 on 3/28 and it hasn't gone pending yet!

I just got off the phone with BATFE and they said its taking about 2 months after your check clears for forms to go pending ... anyone else experiencing this?

TIA

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

No help here, no funds to get cool toys at the moment. I'll be interested to hear how the Osprey works, they seem to be about the quietst .45 Can out there.

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

You're going to love the Osprey, it and the AAC TiRant are the only .45 cans that are hearing-safe dry. I have a couple of other .45 cans and neither is in the same league as my Osprey.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

I sent some forms in early February also. I need to call and follow up on this.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Not sure what you mean by saying they are the "only" cans that are hearing safe
    I can shoot all day with my TROS Barracuda without hearing protection
    When it was introduced, the AAC TiRant was the only .45 can that was hearing safe dry. The Silencerco Osprey came along and challenged the TiRant for performance (and made AAC drop the price of the TiRant by $400). For quite a while, these two cans were the only ones that were hearing safe dry in .45. They were both game changers in .45 suppression. I see that now there are a handful of cans boasting similar performance, but still only a handful. Up until the introduction of the AAC TiRant (around 2010, I think), there were no .45ACP cans that were hearing safe dry. My old YHM Cobra does a decent enough job of suppressing .45, and won't ring my ears dry outdoors and even seems relatively quiet. However, there is no way I'll shoot it indoors without either wetting it or putting on hearing protection.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Would have had my first can ordered by now if it wasn't for an April surprise from the IRS (bastards).

But I have found a lawyer, sota close by, that does NFA only trusts. I just have to get around and contact him.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

...once I have the money
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!