Thread: GemTech M496D .223 suppressor with Bi-Lock Question

GemTech M496D .223 suppressor with Bi-Lock Question

Hi All,

I finally got all my guns back last night now that my soon to be ex-wife dropped the restraining order against me...

So, I go to cleaning my guns and test fit my suppressor on my AR, and the bi-lock is loose... I couldn't figure it out at first. But there's 3 parts that disassemble from the bi-lock... a rear plate, an internal sleeve, and a spring. The spring is missing, and the only way to lose the spring is to disassemble the rear of the bilock assembly.

I have a feeling that when I was gone out of our home, others may have been having fun with my toys that were secure in my vault... anyway, I need a new spring, GemTech won't sell me one directly, I have to ship the suppressor back to them and they said there's a 12 week turn around. If any of you are familiar with this bilock assembly, would any other suppressor makers have a spring that would fit?

Thanks,
    Mark

It is possible that someone tried to take the suppressor off and was unaware that they had to push it in before turning. That would loosen the back plate exposing the spring and sleeve. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say someone thought it screwed off.

On my G5 the only mention is to replace the spring if the free length is less than 0.88 inches. and is classified as a DEPOT level maintenance. I am sure there is a very very specific compression ratio to the spring and wouldn't risk a baffle strike or damage to the suppressor trying to make do. The guys at Silencerco seem to be generous with information and might be able to help though. Personally I would send it back to Gemtech. They probably consider the item to be a proprietary design item.

I was able to get a Linear Decoupling Device/Nielson Device for a SWR Trident 9 with Silencercos help. They gave me the number to a vendor that had it. I have a .5x28 RH but needed a 13.5 Metric LH to run the can on my Sig, Glock and Beretta. I think Silencerco bought out SWR.
    Last edited by jojo; 06-18-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Like I said, the spring is totally missing... My guess is that they got the thing on, and due to the accumulation of soot in it, they couldn't get it off, so they twisted to get it off and it screwed off, leaving the lock on the bilock/muzzle brake, and somewhere along the lines the spring was lost, it may be out in the pine straw somewhere?

Anyway, I wrote an email to GemTech voicing my concerns over their customer support and the rep Joey told me they'd just send me a new spring

One is supposed to be on its way, hopefully here by the end of the week or early next week.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    Like I said, the spring is totally missing... My guess is that they got the thing on, and due to the accumulation of soot in it, they couldn't get it off, so they twisted to get it off and it screwed off, leaving the lock on the bilock/muzzle brake, and somewhere along the lines the spring was lost, it may be out in the pine straw somewhere?

Anyway, I wrote an email to GemTech voicing my concerns over their customer support and the rep Joey told me they'd just send me a new spring

One is supposed to be on its way, hopefully here by the end of the week or early next week.
    Good for you Mark. Let us hear how it finally resolves.