Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus, They Are Pulling Out All the Stops to Capture Snowden!

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    I hear you, but the point was he couldn't decide between the two women so he found a different way. One where he wouldn't have to decide between the two with imperfect information.
    You're an idiot. He didn't have to decide because he forced them to decide in a fashion he could discern immediately.

By the way, do you know the true moral of the story? It only took me a minute when it was first told to me by Mrs. Levin, the Rabbi's wife, in Sunday school.
    Well, I'm not entirely sure what moral left leaning Jews in America, fully prepared to climb onto those cattle cars once again could be teaching their children in Sunday School...

But the moral of Solomon's decision is obvious to me...it follows rule #2 of basic problem solving.

The question asked is far more important to solving a problem than the resolution itself.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    You're an idiot. He didn't have to decide because he forced them to decide in a fashion he could discern immediately.
    Just another way of saying the same thing I've said now several times.

Well, I'm not entirely sure what moral left leaning Jews in America, fully prepared to climb onto those cattle cars once again could be teaching their children in Sunday School...

But the moral of Solomon's decision is obvious to me...it follows rule #2 of basic problem solving.

The question asked is far more important to solving a problem than the resolution itself.

I'll take that as an "I don't know"

Not sure why everyone seems to miss the obvious, but the true moral of the story of the Wisdom of Solomon is actually rather simple.

Use a crib.

Just another way of saying the same thing I've said now several times.
    Got to love semantics, and a liar's use of said...

Use a crib.
    Would have prevented the situation, how?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Got to love semantics, and a liar's use of said...
    It's 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

The point was he didn't know which was the real mother, therefore didn't chose one over the other without first having to take a 3rd option that would reveal the true mother.

State it however you like.

Would have prevented the situation, how?
    I'm going to assume it's just been a long time since you heard the story and that you aren't actually stupid.

The two women each had given birth in the same house, no one else had witnessed the births, so no one knew who's baby was who's. One baby died because the mother rolled over on it in her sleep.

It's 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

The point was he didn't know which was the real mother, therefore didn't chose one over the other without first having to take a 3rd option that would reveal the true mother.

State it however you like.
    And decisively, resolved the issue by forcing the women before him to declare their true intentions. Not the wishy, washy, indecisive, namby pamby action you've portrayed it as...

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos;318848I
    I'm going to assume it's just been a long time since you heard the story and that you aren't actually stupid.

The two women each had given birth in the same house, no one else had witnessed the births, so no one knew who's baby was who's. One baby died because the mother rolled over on it in her sleep.
    And I'm going to infer you aren't actually so stupid as to believe this was just an isolated incident quoted in the greatest book ever written...all to say...use a crib...

Though likely I'd be wrong...

And decisively, resolved the issue by forcing the women before him to declare their true intentions. Not the wishy, washy, indecisive, namby pamby action you've portrayed it as...
    I don't think I portrayed it that way, but whatever, it hardly matters.

And I'm going to infer you aren't actually so stupid as to believe this was just an isolated incident quoted in the greatest book ever written...all to say...use a crib...

Though likely I'd be wrong...
    Obviously it wasn't written to simply tell people to use a crib, but that is the true moral of the story.

The Book is amazing, so many lessons hidden in the details, for those who wish to look.

Obviously it wasn't written to simply tell people to use a crib, but that is the true moral of the story.

The Book is amazing, so many lessons hidden in the details, for those who wish to look.
    You know what?

I really have to congratulate you Kadmos.

You've taken a pre-eminent lesson on problem solving and a teaching moment and turned it into a useless metaphor of motherly neglect...use a crib.

You know what?

I really have to congratulate you Kadmos.

You've taken a pre-eminent lesson on problem solving and a teaching moment and turned it into a useless metaphor of motherly neglect...use a crib.
    Useless? Are you seriously suggesting that one of the lessons of the Bible is useless? And one that has likely saved the lives of untold numbers of infants!

One of the most natural things in the world is for mothers to sleep with their infants, nearly all want to, the urge is very powerful. But the Bible provides us with good reason why this is not desirable. And you dismiss it, merely to take another cheap poke at me!

I think that shows just the type of person you really are.

No shit Sherlock, that's what I said.
    No, that's not what you said at all.

There's no reason to be rude, Kadmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    No, that's not what you said at all.
    Yeah, it is, feel free to read back yourself.

There's no reason to be rude, Kadmos.
    Yes, actually, there is. You've been consistently rude, beyond rude actually, toward me. There is little reason for me to be civil to you, you have shown you don't deserve it.

I've tried over and over to show you some measure of respect, to actually try to discuss things like an adult.

I've done so, not so much for my benefit, but out of respect for the board, in an attempt not to disrupt, and not to have threads locked or kicked to the roadhouse.

You've shown only rudeness, essentially a desire to disrupt, to get threads tossed. It's incredibly disrespectful to the board and the other members.

Fine, you don't like me, I got it. Well, I'm not going anywhere. So perhaps you can act like an adult, or simply put me on ignore...or hell, tell me what you want, do you want me to no longer reply to your posts? I can do that if you wish. I'd like to get this settled and done with before we end up with another locked thread.

Useless? Are you seriously suggesting that one of the lessons of the Bible is useless? And one that has likely saved the lives of untold numbers of infants!

One of the most natural things in the world is for mothers to sleep with their infants, nearly all want to, the urge is very powerful. But the Bible provides us with good reason why this is not desirable. And you dismiss it, merely to take another cheap poke at me!

I think that shows just the type of person you really are.
    No, I'm suggesting you have no clue as to what lesson was being advanced. And your purile "use a crib" explanation is so absurd as to make every Biblical parable invalid. That you are clueless about the lessons stated, I cannot help.

No, I'm suggesting you have no clue as to what lesson was being advanced. And your purile "use a crib" explanation is so absurd as to make every Biblical parable invalid. That you are clueless about the lessons stated, I cannot help.
    Sad. It's a shame you don't see more of the intricacies of the Bible. Wasted lessons. Very sad.

Yeah, it is, feel free to read back yourself. Yes, actually, there is. You've been consistently rude, beyond rude actually, toward me. There is little reason for me to be civil to you, you have shown you don't deserve it.I've tried over and over to show you some measure of respect, to actually try to discuss things like an adult. I've done so, not so much for my benefit, but out of respect for the board, in an attempt not to disrupt, and not to have threads locked or kicked to the roadhouse. You've shown only rudeness, essentially a desire to disrupt, to get threads tossed. It's incredibly disrespectful to the board and the other members. Fine, you don't like me, I got it. Well, I'm not going anywhere. So perhaps you can act like an adult, or simply put me on ignore...or hell, tell me what you want, do you want me to no longer reply to your posts? I can do that if you wish. I'd like to get this settled and done with before we end up with another locked thread.
    Wow. That's a lot of vitriol in response to one sentence.

Why hold childish grudges Kadmos?

You want to talk about thread derailment? What's King Solomon got to do with Edward Snowden's extradition?

Please stay OT and no more childish rudenes, K?

Please stay OT and no more childish rudenes, K?
    That's a deal, let's both do that.

That's a deal, let's both do that.
    I don't deal with terrorists.

You're still derailing the tread. Stop acting like a spoiled baby and stop interjecting your purilent sexual fantasies into every thread you post in.

Our topic is the extradition of Edward Snowden. If you can't post abot that then go hide in the Roadhouse.

I don't deal with terrorists.
    Then why make the offer of no more childish rudeness?

You're still derailing the tread. Stop acting like a spoiled baby and stop interjecting your purilent sexual fantasies into every thread you post in.
    I haven't mentioned sex in this thread.

Our topic is the extradition of Edward Snowden. If you can't post abot that then go hide in the Roadhouse.
    Oswald brought up Solomon, not I.

And no, I have no intention of going to the Roadhouse.

So, will we be acting like civilized adults, or not?

Then why make the offer of no more childish rudeness? I haven't mentioned sex in this thread. Oswald brought up Solomon, not I. And no, I have no intention of going to the Roadhouse. So, will we be acting like civilized adults, or not?
    Wow. Still off topic. Still complaining about minorities being allowed to vote on abortion law.

The government is so hard up to to punish a whistle blower that they're causing diplomatic incidents which threaten to alienate every country south of Mexico.

But here you are trying to focus the whole dicussion on your twisted hate speech.

Why are you trying to stop us from talking about Snowden?

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    kadmos, are you that retarded you don't know when to STFU?? you ARE IN A LOSING BATTLE AND GONZO HAS GOT YOU IN HIS SITES.. you are F'D.. so STFU and move along... he told you that he would see you in GD and i think he meant it, do you not concur on the situation?????? DUMBASS.
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wow. Still off topic. Still complaining about minorities being allowed to vote on abortion law.
    ? Of what the hell are you speaking.

The government is so hard up to to punish a whistle blower that they're causing diplomatic incidents which threaten to alienate every country south of Mexico.
    I agree it should be handled better, but I think it would be a huge sign of weakness for the government to just say "Screw it, never-mind, let him go"

But here you are trying to focus the whole dicussion on your twisted hate speech.
    What hate speech?

And who is trying to change the subject now?

Why are you trying to stop us from talking about Snowden?
    I'm not trying to stop anyone, why are you changing the topic to sex and minorities?

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    kadmos, are you that retarded you don't know when to STFU?? you ARE IN A LOSING BATTLE AND GONZO HAS GOT YOU IN HIS SITES.. you are F'D.. so STFU and move along... he told you that he would see you in GD and i think he meant it, do you not concur on the situation?????? DUMBASS.

Why should I kowtow to this schmuck?

I only lose if I let him win. I had him tamed for a bit there, now he wants to act up again.

We are in GD, do you mean the roadhouse? He can't ban me to the roadhouse, even if he convinced someone to do it for him I certainly have no intention of posting there.

I'm just looking for civilized conversation...what is he doing?

(Hint: Trolls do it...yeah, not a subtle hint)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast