Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus, They Are Pulling Out All the Stops to Capture Snowden!

Exclamation Jesus, They Are Pulling Out All the Stops to Capture Snowden!

WikiLeaks has accused US President Barack Obama of “thin-skinned vindictiveness” after European governments denied airspace to an aircraft carrying Bolivian President Evo Morales because of suspicions it might be carrying US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden.

Julian Assange has also condemned the bugging of Ecuador's London embassy, where he is living, after Ecuadorean Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino announced that a listening device had been found in the ambassador's office.

In an extraordinary move, France and Portugal revoked flight clearances for the Bolivian President's plane on Tuesday after representations were reportedly made by the US State Department.

Mr Morales was flying home from an energy conference in Moscow and his aircraft was hastily rerouted to Vienna, Austria.
    http://www.theage.com.au/world/wikil...703-2pbd9.html

So let me get this straight... the U.S. State Department suspects Snowden may have hitched a ride on President Morales' plane in order to flee from Moscow to Ecuador, so they put pressure on France and Portugal to deny airspace to a SOVEREIGN HEAD OF STATE, forcing his plane to be re-routed to Austria, then demanding that his plane be searched to see if Snowden is on board. (He wasn't.)

Meanwhile, they've bugged the Ecuadorian embassy in London where Julian Assange is hiding out...

Does this sound like the acts of a noble republic, or that of a paranoid EMPIRE losing its grip?
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

So let me get this straight... the U.S. State Department suspects Snowden may have hitched a ride on President Morales' plane in order to flee from Moscow to Ecuador, so they put pressure on France and Portugal to deny airspace to a SOVEREIGN HEAD OF STATE, forcing his plane to be re-routed to Austria, then demanding that his plane be searched to see if Snowden is on board. (He wasn't.)

Meanwhile, they've bugged the Ecuadorian embassy in London where Julian Assange is hiding out...

Does this sound like the acts of a noble republic, or that of a paranoid EMPIRE losing its grip?
    The US government has (since around 9/11) realized that it can get away with kicking people around without much consequences. I wonder though who will be the first to say "enough is enough" and start kicking back... American citizens or foreign heads of state who won't take kindly to the USA telling THEM what to do?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Smacks to me of empire. As Franklin said when asked what form of government we had been given, a republic if you can keep it. It looks more and more to me like we couldn't keep the republic we were given and will end up with a police state that is more capable than the Nazis.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Smacks to me of empire. As Franklin said when asked what form of government we had been given, a republic if you can keep it. It looks more and more to me like we couldn't keep the republic we were given and will end up with a police state that is more capable than the Nazis.
    That is the problem. Americans aren't what they used to be. They don't have the guts to keep the Country that our fathers, grandfathers and founding fathers fought and died to give us.

We should be ashamed. And we deserve what we are getting.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I think they should be pulling out the stops to catch Snowden. For a while I was on the fence about him, but then he started trying to get asylum from China, Russia, Bolivia, these bastians of freedom and liberty, I realized that he was nothing more than a traitor with access to information that can be very damaging to my country.

As for Assange accusing us of bugging him, he has shown himself to not be of a trustworthy character.

So far, I see criminals claiming to be victims because our country is working to bring them to justice. That is not indication of an empire or a failed republic but of a nation tracking down spies who wish to do it harm.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Snowden could always find a freighter to cart him all over the world for cheap.

Dunno. You and your ilk elected the fuckface. Having buyers remorse now?
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Remember, Idiot Joe is in charge of bringing Snowden in. I think Snowden is safe no matter where he goes.

(If he is caught, it won't be because of anything IJ did.)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    So far, I see criminals claiming to be victims because our country is working to bring them to justice.
    Is that better or worse than a criminal underclass claiming to be victims who our country doesn't work to bring to justice?

At the very least, Assange and Snowden brought the rising police surveillance state realities to the fore. Can you say anything similar about our criminal underclass, being repeatedly released to destroy more lives?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Is that better or worse than a criminal underclass claiming to be victims who our country doesn't work to bring to justice?

At the very least, Assange and Snowden brought the rising police surveillance state realities to the fore. Can you say anything similar about our criminal underclass, being repeatedly released to destroy more lives?
    Not sure what you mean by a "criminal underclass". That said, I think all criminals should be pursued and brought to justice.

Assange is a foreign citizen who worked to get US secrets to be used against us. That is a classic example of a spy.

Snowden, on the other hand, can know longer be given the benefit of the doubt that he was acting with the countries best interest at heart. If he had went to an American news outlet and had not tried to go to communist countries to see asylum I could believe he was trying to be a good citizen. He has proven that he does not have our countries best interest at heart, but is a communist trying to tear our country down. I have no sympathy for him or his "cause", even if he accidently did something good by showing us another overreach of government.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

If he had went to an American news outlet...
    He would have dissapeared and his story with him.

The news has done nothing but obfuscate, deny and excuse these abuses. Obfuscate when they were initiated, denied when they were rumored and excused at every revelation.

Had he gone to the press they would have burried his story and fed him to the pigs. The only reason his leaks got out was because he went "out of network" as it were.

Snowden is no more a criminal than Paul Revere was. The reason he's jumpiong into bed with "rougues" is because they are the countries who don;t let the U.S. dictate their policy. That's the only reason we call them "rogues". tHey put their people before our profit. You see us getting tough with Egypt over civil rights abuses? Or Saudi Arabia?

You know darn well it's "dictators" we have problems with. It's "free radicals" that our government can't stand. Bolivia isn't our "enemy" in any way shape or form. Bolivia is a "rogue" because their decriminalisation of coca and reluctance to sell their whole nation to strip mining firms hurts the profits of vastly influential globalists in the U.S. That isn't "wrong". It's what's right for the Bolivars.

And what Snowden has done is right for us.

...and had not tried to go to communist countries to see asylum I could believe he was trying to be a good citizen.
    And what country should he have tried to go to, where he wouldn't have been immediately extradited to the US?

Edited to add...

And what's the difference, today, between one communist country, and this one, but for a few more years while the commies here complete their putsch...
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 07-03-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

I don't know why were even wasting our time, the US should just sneak over there and push him off the 2nd floor of the airport and call it a day. No more playing mr nice America.
    Last edited by jrak27; 07-03-2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: miss spelled word

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    He would have dissapeared and his story with him.

The news has done nothing but obfuscate, deny and excuse these abuses. Obfuscate when they were initiated, denied when they were rumored and excused at every revelation.

Had he gone to the press they would have burried his story and fed him to the pigs. The only reason his leaks got out was because he went "out of network" as it were.

Snowden is no more a criminal than Paul Revere was. The reason he's jumpiong into bed with "rougues" is because they are the countries who don;t let the U.S. dictate their policy. That's the only reason we call them "rogues". tHey put their people before our profit. You see us getting tough with Egypt over civil rights abuses? Or Saudi Arabia?

You know darn well it's "dictators" we have problems with. It's "free radicals" that our government can't stand. Bolivia isn't our "enemy" in any way shape or form. Bolivia is a "rogue" because their decriminalisation of coca and reluctance to sell their whole nation to strip mining firms hurts the profits of vastly influential globalists in the U.S. That isn't "wrong". It's what's right for the Bolivars.

And what Snowden has done is right for us.

Exactly.
    Nice to see I can stop back every once in a while and see Gonzo is still speaking truth!
    Snowden is a hero.
    How does one know he didnt try to give his info to US media?
    I hope he gets his freedom, and I hope he keeps telling Americans about the crimes being perpetuated against us.

Seems a bit odd that he was so upset with the US spying on it's citizens that he spoke out..... and then fled to China!

I guess he figures China would never do that.

If he's a hero then come home and be treated like one.

So maybe he'll have to stand trial, that's a hassle sure, but if he loves America and wants to protect it then he should be fairly confident that a jury would raise him up on it's shoulders and carry him safely out of the courthouse.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Seems a bit odd that he was so upset with the US spying on it's citizens that he spoke out..... and then fled to China!

So maybe he'll have to stand trial, that's a hassle sure, but if he loves America and wants to protect it then he should be fairly confident that a jury would raise him up on it's shoulders and carry him safely out of the courthouse.
    Wow, you went from snorting to mainlining in just 4 sentences. Probably a new record....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Went to Hong Kong...not quite China yet, in case you've forgotten.

Or is it you've forgotten?

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Wow, you went from snorting to mainlining in just 4 sentences. Probably a new record....
    When you heard the NSA was spying on us did you think "Enough of this, I'm moving to China"?

It's kinda funny.

All he has to do is convince 1 out of 12 people that he's a hero and not a traitor.

He probably could have convinced me before he ran off for China and Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Went to Hong Kong...not quite China yet, in case you've forgotten.

Or is it you've forgotten?

Oops, Lotrl said China and I guess I just had it on my mind at that point.

Oops, Lotrl said China and I guess I just had it on my mind at that point.
    You do a lot of that.

Missing the fine points in favor of your argument.

Somehow I suspect it's fully intentional...until you're called on it...then suddenly it's mea culpa.

For a man who projects himself as wise in the ways of the world, you fail, again and again...yet wonder why you're held in such esteem as you are.

The wisdom of Solomon is absent in this one hmmm?...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast