Thread: ‘No girls allowed’: Iraq war vet Rep. Tulsi Gabbard on opening combat missions to women

‘No girls allowed’: Iraq war vet Rep. Tulsi Gabbard on opening combat missions to women

“I can tell you during my deployment, there were missions that I-- volunteered for and was not allowed to go on, simply because I'm a woman,” Gabbard, D-Hawaii, tells Top Line. “They said, ‘Sorry, no. No girls allowed.’”

“What we see in the policy change now…is just a reflection of what women have already been doing in the military,” she says. “And it'll now open those doors so that we can have women serving in positions of leadership and within units where previously they were not allowed.”

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-pl...5721.html?vp=1

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Well, if they can pass the same physical tests, maybe it's ok. I can do ten good pull ups which I have found is more than most men can do. I have to assume the military would require many more, but then I'm fifty years old. I never served, so I have no say in the matter. It should be left up to those who serve and not politicians.

Israel doesn't have women in combat arms because they learned their lesson. The lesson that when women get injured or killed, the men fall apart.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I could see where a female operator could be an asset to a SPECOPS team. No one would suspect her or her training but overall, probably not a good idea but it might be best if we leave it to the professionals. If she/they make the grade and the rest of their team trust them than that's really what matters.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

The PT test requirements for men and women are not the same (last time I checked). Guess which gender has a substantially easier test? They can't be equally qualified for combat until the requirements are actually equal. They have adjusted the requirements so enough women can get in to make politicians happy. Women will be put in positions because they are women, and their capability will be a secondary concern. There will be no fact based review of the outcomes of these experiments to objectively determine if this works or not. People will most likely get hurt and killed as a result. The politicians will proclaim success, and only a few will notice the conspicuous pile of corpses.

I wonder what the odds are for Chelsea getting drafted to fight in the next war?

‘No girls allowed’: Iraq war vet Rep. Tulsi Gabbard on opening combat missions

It looks to me like the standard are being lowered big time to pass the APFT!

When I was in, 88 to 91, I think it was 82 push-ups in 2 minutes got me 100 points in my 17-21 age group.

Now it looks like 71 gets you 100 points

I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop on my back!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Israel doesn't have women in combat arms because they learned their lesson. The lesson that when women get injured or killed, the men fall apart.
    This is a good point. I also think one of the main things that should keep women out of combat roles is if they become a POW there is a very realistic chance they will get gang raped the rest of their life until they die or get rescued.

Women are getting gang raped daily in Egypt for no specific reason in broad daylight, imagine if they had several US women soldiers in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    “I can tell you during my deployment, there were missions that I-- volunteered for and was not allowed to go on, simply because I'm a woman,” Gabbard, D-Hawaii, tells Top Line. “They said, ‘Sorry, no. No girls allowed.’”

“What we see in the policy change now…is just a reflection of what women have already been doing in the military,” she says. “And it'll now open those doors so that we can have women serving in positions of leadership and within units where previously they were not allowed.”

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-pl...5721.html?vp=1
    A woman may very well be able to train and use skill to combat strength, but if she runs into an enemy combatant and is forced into hand-to-hand, she may very well be killed where a man would not. Then the S will HTF.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

I am guessing that in the next big war, millions of gays and women will be drafted into combat, and millions of them will die. Remember, they asked for it.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    This is a good point. I also think one of the main things that should keep women out of combat roles is if they become a POW there is a very realistic chance they will get gang raped the rest of their life until they die or get rescued.

Women are getting gang raped daily in Egypt for no specific reason in broad daylight, imagine if they had several US women soldiers in prison.
    I have not read of a woman taken prisoner during the most recent conflict that was not raped. It is not reported on because of the emotional response against woman in combat that it would cause.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by AKM View Post
    It looks to me like the standard are being lowered big time to pass the APFT!

When I was in, 88 to 91, I think it was 82 push-ups in 2 minutes got me 100 points in my 17-21 age group.

Now it looks like 71 gets you 100 points

What's the lowest scores you can get and pass?

‘No girls allowed’: Iraq war vet Rep. Tulsi Gabbard on opening combat missions

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    What's the lowest scores you can get and pass?
    To be honest with you, I don't have a clue. I ain't no Superman but I wasn't a weakling either. I never had to concern myself as to what the lowest score was that I need to pass the APFT.
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop on my back!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I think my thoughts on this have been covered.

1. Not as strong.
    2. Distracting
    3. Will be raped ... but IMO not only by the enemy, by her own male counterparts.
    4. Related to No. 1 can't hold their own in a hand to hand fight and can't pickup a comrade, (male) and carry them off the field if needed.

If women are allowed in combat arms they should be able to pass the same PT requirements, not one compromise should be made in the name of political correctness!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    If women are allowed in combat arms they should be able to pass the same PT requirements, not one compromise should be made in the name of political correctness!
    A friend in the Idaho National Guard tells a story about a woman in the chain of command at annual training- when her turn to pack the .30 came....along with full combat gear....it wasn't but a few minutes before she ordered someone else to take it. Apparently this was NOT an isolated incident. WTF do the pols think THAT shit is gonna do to morale, efficiency and readiness?
    CHOOT UM!

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
    A friend in the Idaho National Guard tells a story about a woman in the chain of command at annual training- when her turn to pack the .30 came....along with full combat gear....it wasn't but a few minutes before she ordered someone else to take it. Apparently this was NOT an isolated incident. WTF do the pols think THAT shit is gonna do to morale, efficiency and readiness?
    They don't care, they are either lefty asshats, or are afraid of being targeted by the press. Its the way everything works in our culture these days.
    Returns June 3rd.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    They don't care, they are either lefty asshats, or are afraid of being targeted by the press. Its the way everything works in our culture these days.
    No truer words have ever been spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I think my thoughts on this have been covered.

1. Not as strong.
    2. Distracting
    3. Will be raped ... but IMO not only by the enemy, by her own male counterparts.
    4. Related to No. 1 can't hold their own in a hand to hand fight and can't pickup a comrade, (male) and carry them off the field if needed.

Quoted for greater justice.