Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who makes the U.S.Army Combat Boot

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Integratedj View Post
    The Belleville 790/795 was much better on my back than any of the commercial ones I tried. Also held up better to the kind of hiking I do through thick brambles.
    im the one that would NEVER pay more than $50 for a pair of boots, because ive tried most of the expensive ones and they never lasted any longer, or were any more comfortable (usually less so) that the cheap boots. then i got a pair of bellevile 790 for work through surplus for $12. (had i known at the time, id have bought the whole damn pallat). they are by far, hands down, the most comfortable AND longest lasting boots ive ever had. i have no qualms about paying the full $180 retail when they need replacing, although they can routinely be found much cheaper ($80-100 range is common if you search)

one thing -about 60% or better of the other boots ive had, idk why, idk how, but when they start to wear or are near worn out, the fucking things start to squeak. something in the lamination for the soles maybe, idk, im not a fucking boot scientist. this makes me want to find the fucker that made them and rape and kill their entire family in front of them. never on these, 100% silent.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    im the one that would NEVER pay more than $50 for a pair of boots, because ive tried most of the expensive ones and they never lasted any longer, or were any more comfortable (usually less so) that the cheap boots. then i got a pair of bellevile 790 for work through surplus for $12. (had i known at the time, id have bought the whole damn pallat). they are by far, hands down, the most comfortable AND longest lasting boots ive ever had. i have no qualms about paying the full $180 retail when they need replacing, although they can routinely be found much cheaper ($80-100 range is common if you search)

one thing -about 60% or better of the other boots ive had, idk why, idk how, but when they start to wear or are near worn out, the fucking things start to squeak. something in the lamination for the soles maybe, idk, im not a fucking boot scientist. this makes me want to find the fucker that made them and rape and kill their entire family in front of them. never on these, 100% silent.
    shit man! don't kill nobody over a damn squeaky boot bro!
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post

Insulation and waterproofing is all I know of. And the sole on the 795 is vibram's fire and ice some for cold traction.

I hadn't ever thought about it but I've never had a Belleville boot squeak as mentioned above. Others always have.

they are by far, hands down, the most comfortable AND longest lasting boots ive ever had.
    This is good to hear because I go through at least 2 to 3 pairs of Wolverines every year because they get worn out. Material cracking and the soles getting completely worn out.

For the guys that have the Bellville 790's, do they run large or small?

Bellville's website says they run about 1 to 1.5 size larger than your normal shoe size. 1 would be a regular toe and 1.5 would be a steel toe.

There is a guy selling these on eBay and he says they run small. He usually wears an 11 but with these he needs a 11.5.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

i find the opposite. im a 10.5 or 11, depending on the shoe. the 790's take an 11. so, roughly the same as all others to slightly on the small side.

Too bad they only come in sand color...
    Last edited by vit; 07-08-2013 at 09:24 PM.

i find the opposite. im a 10.5 or 11, depending on the shoe. the 790's take an 11. so, roughly the same as all others to slightly on the small side.
    Thanks1 I wear a 10 so I ordered a 10. If they don't fit, I will send them back for another pair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12