Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4th of July DUI Checkpoint - Drug Dogs, Searched without Consent, Rights Violated

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    doc, are on the absinthe??? lol
    Nope. He's just trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Me neither.......I think everyone should own at least one!

I am literally laughing out loud...it's an old and horrible joke, but your comedic timing was perfect

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Me neither.......I think everyone should own at least one!

hahahahahahahahha that jacked up!!! hahahahahahahaha
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    I don't hate black people.
    I don't believe you. I think you support these roadblock because you know minorities are treated more harshly by the police than Caucasians.

You figure these roadblocks will result in more blacks and mexicans off the street when the cops profile them and plant illegal fireworks in their body cavities.

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    doc, are you on the absinthe??? lol
    I'm all hopped up on Mountain Dew!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    I'm all hopped up on Mountain Dew!
    I drink MD, it doesn't have the same effect on me as it seems to have on you.

You may want to try adjusting your medications, whatever they might be.

I drink MD, it doesn't have the same effect on me as it seems to have on you.

You may want to try adjusting your medications, whatever they might be.
    Don't try to change the subject.

You were hating on minorities, please continue.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    LMAO!!! you two freaking kill me!!
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Don't try to change the subject.
    Sorry, my bad.

You were hating on minorities, please continue.
    Was I? I seem to recall discussing DUI checkpoints...

But hey you're the mod.

Let's see...minorities that I hate...nope, can't think of any..

Do the Dutch count? It's not that I hate them, but the wooden shoes are annoyingly loud.

Apparently they wear them to keep the woodpeckers off their heads.

Also, they float, which is useful because it rains there quite a bit.

Mostly though the Dutch have created a place for the French to go to find fresher hookers, which is good because it at least temporarily removes some of the French from France, which is always a good thing. The less French in France the better!

God Bless the Dutch!

Sorry, I'm just not a hateful person.

But don't get me started on the French!

Here is a question somewhat related to this thread. The drivers side power window on one of my cars does not work so what is my course of action if stopped at one of these checkpoints and they say roll down your window? I see this window thing as a big problem if I am stopped by cops, but I had some major medical expenses to pay this month and want to put off the car repair for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Here is a question somewhat related to this thread. The drivers side power window on one of my cars does not work so what is my course of action if stopped at one of these checkpoints and they say roll down your window? I see this window thing as a big problem if I am stopped by cops, but I had some major medical expenses to pay this month and want to put off the car repair for a few months.
    First, don't get pulled over.

Second, don't panic...or is it first don't panic.

Just keep the door shut and wait and let the cop know the window won't roll down, likely he will ask you to open the door or ask if he can open the door.

Cops have to deal with this fairly regularly

Might be worth looking into doing it yourself
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...enance/1272371

In a police state they drag you out of sight off the road and kick the snot out of you for disrespecting their authority.

This, while rude and unprofessional, was a legal search.
    Respect is earned, not conferred. Their "authority" may be granted by a state or local agency, but there is no requirement for "respect".

And, if you consider faking a drug sniffing dog "hit" to be a "legal" way to obtain access to an American citizen's private property, then you are way out in left field. In another ball park. At a different game.

This kind of shit is rude, unprofessional, unconstitutional and illegal except for the run-around the law the cops use to gain "reasonable suspicion".

Your post is, once again, a clear picture of why Jews in WW-II marched into the trains and into the gas chambers.

They "respected" the "authority" of the nazis. Just because the nazis said so, made it so.

I have read lots of history books including "Masters of Death - The SS Einsatzgruppen and the invention of the Holocaust" by Richard Rhodes.

In it is an entire chapter covering the incredible Jewish tendency to submit and obey orders, without the least fight, even when they would lead to death.

It tries vainly to use the usual excuses (Jews historically try to negotiate instead of fight, Jews had no experience with weapons, Jews faced with death were so overwhelmed that they had no idea how to resist, ad-nauseam).

None of it flies though. As best as he tried, all the text points to the same thing.... cowardice.

No matter what a person "historically" does or whether a person "has experience with weapons", the normal human instinct is to fight, survive and live.

The nazis themselves were astonished and amazed that the Jews obeyed orders to jump into a pit, on top of the last batch, and be shot in the neck. They SAW the people ahead of them shot, then they marched forward, jumped in and waited for their bullet.

Sorry, I must be a nazi, because I agree with them. *I* can't comprehend how they would not fight - not even try to get away or even kill a guard before they got killed themselves.

If someone put a gun to my head and said "If you let me kill you, I let your daughter live", then I would have no choice. But to simply be ordered into the pit, then first throw my daughter in, then jump in after her, then say "Herr Scharführer, der Genickschuss für meine Tochter und ich bitte!" is not comprehendable by a normal human mind.

That you can justify what those cops did to an innocent American citizen, who was not under arrest, and had done nothing wrong, is equally beyond comprehension. On July 4th no less. Welcome to Amerika. Hope you like your "freedom".

You claim "It's not a police state" because they don't drag people into the fields and beat them yet?

How much more will it take for you to at least get ANGRY about the crap that's going on???

Damn, I hate to ramble, but I just don't get how you can justify what happened in that video. And don't come back and say you weren't justifying it, because saying "it was a legal search" IS justifying it!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    The problem is: if we keep playing along and cooperating with such invasive check-points, its only going to get worse and worse down the road.

What legal right do the police have to cast such a wide net and stop EVERYONE on any given stretch of road in the first place? 99% of the cars passing through are legit, law-abiding citizens.

So why should they all be treated as suspects, just because a few assholes drive drunk and break the law?

What's wrong with just pulling over cars that are driving erratically and targeting only them instead of every swinging dick going about their own legit business?

These check-points are bad news, and I don't blame a few rebels for trying to throw a monkey-wrench in the cogs of the wheel of our burgeoning police state.
    GEEZ! Even LAGC gets it!

Speak Ubu speak.

Ubu! Sit ubu, sit! Good dog! Bark!

First, don't get pulled over.
    Not much of a choice when they are stopping and searching every car that passes through.

Or did you miss the whole point of this conversation?

That would make you dumber than Ubu. At least "Ubu" was a "good dog". You're like one of those crosseyed, inbred puppies that pees on the drapes when it's happy.
    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo GED; 07-07-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Apples and oranges. It's hardly a "search", it's checking to make sure drivers are physically safe for the road. Unless given a good reason (probable cause) then no further "search" takes place.

This isn't coming to your home, this isn't looking for political dissidents, or certain religious people, this is figuring out if people operating 1,000+ pounds of metal, plastic, and glass on public roads can currently do so safely.

We all had to take a test to get the license in the first place, it's obvious the state has an interest in the abilities of individual operators, this is a quick check to see that we are ok to continue doing so.

Here they tend to be downtown, near the fair, or the Landing (bars). I've only actually been through 1 ever, whole thing took about 15 seconds, and most of that was chatting with the officer while the car in front dealt with a different officer.

From what I've heard they now have some cops who are doing it while directing traffic, since it's often jammed while leaving the fair or other events the cops chat the drivers for a couple seconds to see if they smell booze.
    Seriously? They wear blinders like horses? They aren't peering into your vehicle to see what they can possibly pull you over for? what do you think the drafters of the constitution would say about being stopped as you go about your merry way? You honestly think they would be okay with it?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Sometimes it is for our own good. Franklin didn't just warn about the dangers of trading liberty for safety, but that of trading essential liberties for temporary safeties.

Stop lights generally take longer than these stops, the drivers test itself and licensing is another excellent example, it's far far more intrusive

I get that, and I agree. But not everything is a slippery slope, they've had these checkpoints for decades and haven't switched to rounding up Republicans, Christians, or Communists at these things. It's drunks and other people unfit to drive (drugs or too tired, otherwise altered).
    And the IRS/EPA and those in charge of determining which GM dealers will stay in business don't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Respect is earned, not conferred. Their "authority" may be granted by a state or local agency, but there is no requirement for "respect".
    Actual respect is earned, that is correct. But one can certainly act respectful.

My point in that wasn't that these people earned respect, but in an actual police state demand respect, "or else".

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    And, if you consider faking a drug sniffing dog "hit" to be a "legal" way to obtain access to an American citizen's private property, then you are way out in left field. In another ball park. At a different game.
    I don't consider a fake hit to be legal....but was it a fake hit? Was it a fake hit just because the kid said it was a fake hit. Just because the officer suggested to the dog places to sniff doesn't mean the dog didn't smell something or that it was trained to fake hits.

What I saw in the video is a matter of opinion, not fact.

BTW, unless it is freezing cold, opening the window just a couple of inches is suspicious, it's typically done to try to hide smells of booze or weed.

When he made an oddly worded comment about not wanting to roll down the window and stammered at answering about his age, then asking if he had too give the information he was even more suspicious. We knew he was trying to make some sort of point, because we knew he was recording it and had posted it on youtube, but to the cop he likely just seemed furtive and altered.

Not much of a choice when they are stopping and searching every car that passes through.

Or did you miss the whole point of this conversation?

That would make you dumber than Ubu. At least "Ubu" was a "good dog". You're like one of those crosseyed, inbred puppies that pees on the drapes when it's happy.

It appeared he was asking what to do in general over the next few months before he could have his car fixed. By Monday most of the checkpoints will be gone.

Obviously the first part is to try not to drive in such a way as to likely meet police.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Seriously? They wear blinders like horses? They aren't peering into your vehicle to see what they can possibly pull you over for? what do you think the drafters of the constitution would say about being stopped as you go about your merry way? You honestly think they would be okay with it?

The nose being located where it is, is obviously near the eyes.

But yes I expect they are looking for open containers, drug paraphernalia and other evidence of the driver being under the influence.

Now if it just so happens that you have a collection of human heads that you are moving from your basement to long term cold storage and didn't chose to package them well and out of sight then we will just call that a happy accident that they noticed them.

Seriously, what are you keeping in the glass enclosed cab of your vehicle that is so private? Anything there would fall under the plain sight exception anyway.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast