Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black party.....White party.....is there a difference?

was_peacemaker

Exclamation Black party.....White party.....is there a difference?

Well....I thought it was funny. Maybe we will have an epic made for TV drama movie about the black man's struggle to have a equal opportunity fun pool party, because the white man be racist with all his fun. So either fun or water is the real racist here....and its up to the white man to change it. I guess there will be a dream when all fun will be the same...and every man and woman can enjoy a drunken cannon ball in the water.

Its still funny!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

So are you saying black people can't swim or are afraid of the water? Well ... now that I think of it you don't see many Olympic swimmers that are black.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    So are you saying black people can't swim or are afraid of the water?
    There might be some IRL evidence to back up this hypothesis.

After Katrina, what color were all the drowning victims?

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

If somebody wanted to help the black community, they would offer free swimming lessons.

I grew up amongst a large black population and lots of black children grow up being told that black people can't swim because their bones are too dense to float, so they never seek out swimming instructions and they remain afraid of the water for life.

a fair amount of children died in my school growing up because of drowning in natural bodies of water. Very sad.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    If somebody wanted to help the black community, they would offer free swimming lessons.

I grew up amongst a large black population and lots of black children grow up being told that black people can't swim because their bones are too dense to float, so they never seek out swimming instructions and they remain afraid of the water for life.

a fair amount of children died in my school growing up because of drowning in natural bodies of water. Very sad.
    Blacks have heavy bone structure. Or at least many of them have predominantly heavy bones, especially in the legs. They are incredibly well suited towards RUNNING. This makes sense. For millenia, life on the African continent made sure that you had better run fast or end up something's meal. But it also makes them fantastic for basketball, track, football, etc. One cannot deny their dominance in many sports fields. It is not racist to point out that fields like marathon running, track and field events, will always be dominated by black athletes.

There are not only FEW Black swimmers, but fewer black gymnasts than you'd expect considering their athletic prowess overall. there's a reason why many blacks don't like to swim. I remember the black players on my football team in H.S. They joking complained that when they tried to swim across the pool, they sank to the bottom. I'm no expert but I have tons of anecdotal evidence like this. I know many blacks who claim they can't swim or find it more difficult to swim due to genetics.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I remember the black players on my football team in H.S. They joking complained that when they tried to swim across the pool, they sank to the bottom. I'm no expert but I have tons of anecdotal evidence like this.
    IDK, man. That sound physiologically implausible. It's not "bone density" that makes a human body buoyant. Even if they do have "bigger leg bones" that would only aid in buoyancy because bone is porous.

I think the "blacks don't swim" thing is just another social myth that they are peer pressured into, just like the "blacks are no good at school" thing. It's not true, but enough people live up to the stereo type to make it almost true.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    I think the "blacks don't swim" thing is just another social myth that they are peer pressured into, just like the "blacks are no good at school" thing. It's not true, but enough people live up to the stereo type to make it almost true.
    You nailed it.

The reason black people can't swim is because their parents told them they couldn't.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    So are you saying black people can't swim or are afraid of the water? Well ... now that I think of it you don't see many Olympic swimmers that are black.
    Not many black hockey players either.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

There might be some IRL evidence to back up this hypothesis.

OMG! Too funny!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

was_peacemaker
    IDK, man. That sound physiologically implausible. It's not "bone density" that makes a human body buoyant. Even if they do have "bigger leg bones" that would only aid in buoyancy because bone is porous.

From what I understand its the density of the bone marrow it self...that cause them to not swim as well. But on the other hand thicker bone marrow would give one an advantage at something like running back or middle linebacker.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Sort of a grayish purple, weren't they?
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    Sort of a grayish purple, weren't they?
    WTF!!! lol
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Bruthas be drownin and shit!
    Returns June 3rd.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Bruthas be drownin and shit!
    po nigga, tha mufucka had his ho life in front of he's ass to. then that nigga in da wite hous wouldn't send no mufuckin help to dem nigga's noin they didn't no how to swim cuz dem big bone's they gots in them niggaz legs and shit. and they drownted
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Its that "extra" bone....
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Its that "extra" bone....
    I thought that was the rudder...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

OMG the pool party is hilarious. Wow.

Yo....you ever try to swim wearin a hoodie and holding a bag of skittles...shit man!
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    2nd Amedment Foundation Member
    NRA-ILA
    National Association for Gun Rights
    CRAL member---RIFOL member and supporter
    GOA member
    RI 2nd Amendment Coalition Supporter

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    You nailed it.

The reason black people can't swim is because their parents told them they couldn't.
    Don't you mean, "The reason black people can't swim is because their parent told them they couldn't?"
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I've heard the lack of swimming ability in general cited as one of the reasons for the comparatively low number if blacks in military SOF units. Whether the lack of ability is due to some physical difference or that many blacks in the armed forces are from the inner cities where they may have had little exposure to bodies of water when growing up I really couldn't say, but it struck me as interesting.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 07-07-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast