Thread: Worst pizza idea ever

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Worst pizza idea ever

This looks hilariously disgusting to me. I laugh every time I see the add now.

Its like it was purposely made as a joke, but unfortunately its real. Thankfully I haven't had the displeasure of tasting one of these pies.

Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 07-12-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Found a place in Pittsburgh that may have earned the title to worst Pizza. So much oil dripped from that pizza I was unable to eat my second slice. On the positive side they could make Pittsburgh oil independent!

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Thanks dude.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Worst pizza idea ever

I put hotdogs on my home made pizza.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Hot dogs...the poor man's pepperoni.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

The worst pizza I ever had the misfortune to have to endure was purchased from a vendor in Rome, Italy.

They have pizza wagons similar to the pretzel, hot dog and chestnut sellers you see in New York city, and I took a chance, and bought one.

Bad idea.Very thin crust about the size of a pancake, a tablespoon of bad tomato sauce and one small mushroom chopped up and spread on top.

The mushroom cost extra, and the whole thing was soaked with olive oil. YUCK!

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner1558 View Post
    The worst pizza I ever had the misfortune to have to endure was purchased from a vendor in Rome, Italy.

They have pizza wagons similar to the pretzel, hot dog and chestnut sellers you see in New York city, and I took a chance, and bought one.

Bad idea.Very thin crust about the size of a pancake, a tablespoon of bad tomato sauce and one small mushroom chopped up and spread on top.

The mushroom cost extra, and the whole thing was soaked with olive oil. YUCK!

I had similar pizza experiences in Italy and Macedonia. Seems to depend what town you get it in, but the 1/8 in thin crust and little to no sauce seems to be common.

I did frequent an Italian restaruant in Schweinfurt ,Germany when my ex and I were stationed there in the early 90's. It was called Pronto Pronto. Their pizza blew me away.

http://www.prontopronto-sw.de/
    Last edited by btcave; 07-12-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Honestly it does not look bad, kind of want to try it.

Where I work we have a wood fired pizza oven. When it was built 17 years ago, it was a 40k oven. Well, as a joke one day we made a hot dog pizza. Crust, ketchup, American cheese. Hot dog slices (Chicago Red Hot Dogs!!) Finely diced red onions, out of the oven, dollop pickle relish on it, drizzle some mustard. Finish it with a pile of cole slaw in the center. Believe it or not, I still get requests for it today!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Hey Funky, We have Buck's Pizza down here in Hobe Sound as well, in fact it is the only one in Florida. I have tried it several times. while it is not a good as Pizza Hut or Domino's, It is certainly better than that Papa John's Trash. You may have had a bad one. This one is a small Family Pizza Place. The Father is the Owner, his Daughter, in College, and 1 of his Son's helps out Delivering. Not a bad Place at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikeman View Post
    Found a place in Pittsburgh that may have earned the title to worst Pizza. So much oil dripped from that pizza I was unable to eat my second slice. On the positive side they could make Pittsburgh oil independent!

When Im down that way I usually get one from Vinnys. A ghetto pizza shack that sells nothing but pizza and lottery tickets. Probly the best pizza I've had to date.

NOW... fill that crust with bacon/extra sharp cheddar cheese and you'd have a hit.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I think Japan takes the cake when it comes to unusual pizza. I tried a few unusual pizza's when I was there and I liked what I had but not as much as Americanized local pizza pubs. I had a breakfast pizza with a mayo sauce and several breakfast meats and a potato pizza, pretty good. Japanese people love the odd ball pizza's.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...za&FORM=HDRSC2

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Pikeman View Post
    Then you don't know pizza. It should drip and taste like east coast/ITALIAN pizza! What do you have against the Italians?

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    Hey Funky, We have Buck's Pizza down here in Hobe Sound as well, in fact it is the only one in Florida. I have tried it several times. while it is not a good as Pizza Hut or Domino's, It is certainly better than that Papa John's Trash. You may have had a bad one. This one is a small Family Pizza Place. The Father is the Owner, his Daughter, in College, and 1 of his Son's helps out Delivering. Not a bad Place at all.
    I haven't ordered from Buck's in over a decade, and I'll never order a hot dog pizza from anywhere except maybe El Duce's gourmet dog pizza.

My thoughts on it: Why order from someplace thats not as good as Pizza Hut when there are several nearby shops that serve pies which are much better than Pizza Hut.

BTW: I used to work for a couple Italian brothers from Jersey back when I was a cook/ amateur chef, and the pies they made down here in Charleston were like slices you'd get out of NYC. They were fucking delicious and some days I wish I could go back to making the perfect pizza dough every morning. I got very good at regulating the temperature of all my ingredients in order to make the dough with perfect consistency and stickiness.
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 07-13-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Then you don't know pizza. It should drip and taste like east coast/ITALIAN pizza! What do you have against the Italians?

We have a large Italian population here, but didn't have pizza until after WWII.

Some of the soldiers from here went through New York during the war and brought back the idea of making pizzas here when they got home.

There used to be several of these pizzerias making excellent pizza but unfortunately nearly all of them are gone as are most of the little family run Italian restraunts. Just one left that makes that good east coast style pizza. It is good though, especially the sausage nice and greasy, and still made in the same big ovens they were using back in the '50s.