Thread: Anyone else carry a CRK Sebenza?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up Anyone else carry a CRK Sebenza?

I've had my Large 21 for a few years now.

http://chrisreeve.com/Sebenza-21

When I first started getting into blades I kept seeing post after post on the big blade forums about the CRK Sebenza. Had no idea what a "Sebenza" was but folks that had them, sure seemed to hold them in high regard. Most expensive knife I'd bought before this was around $40. Took the plunge and have been pleased since the first day I got it.

The materials aren't really all the outlandish and the design is pretty simple but the quality of manufacture is stellar. I'm carrying it this week and while it really doesn't do anything most all my other blades won't do it just looks better doing them. Kind of like owning a Taurus revolver or a S&W. They both do the same thing, in most cases they even look a lot alike. It's just that when you pick them both up you immediately know the S&W is more gun for the money. The Sebenza is the same way. Sometime it's nice to splurge for a little quality just for the ownership of it.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Sometime it's nice to splurge for a little quality just for the ownership of it.
    For me that would be my Paramilitary 2. I have a hard time spending more than $100 on a folding knife, (Or less than $50) but I 'splurged' and bought mine 3 years ago. Carry it almost every day. But I just don't make enough money to be able to afford one of those in the foreseeable future.
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

The Paramilitary, especially the Para II is one of my favorite Spyderco models. With the Sebenza just imagine the Para with twice the level of fit and finish and titanium.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell