Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: h&k going under

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

h&k going under

oh noooooes!!!

http://younggunstv.com/financial-tro...-heckler-koch/

HK expects the sales to the USA market to help reduce that deficit.
    hmm, so now they want civilian sales?? well, not really, theyre still trying to price themselves out of reach, but theyre apparently hoping those few idiots that pay their inflated prices will be enough to pull them through.

Make the HK 91/93/94 series UNDER $1k each and they'll have all the $$ they'll ever need.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Reaching out to civilian sales at this point is too little too late.

They should have done this years ago and reaped the windfall every other firearms manufaturer received last winter.

As it is, I'll be boycotting their products on principle. Any capability their platforms offer can be had from their competitors.

To me that nifty quasi-fascist red and white logo isn't worth the money or the lost of self respect.

their fluted chamber/bolt system is till late WW2 technology .......

Glad I gave my money to IWI.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

This is the story I saw earlier.

http://www.guns.com/2013/07/23/heckl...ntract-inbound

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Guess the price of my 22lr mp5 just went through the roof if they do go under

They have a lot of price slashing and prostrating to do before the civ market in general is going to forgive their snotty elitist attitude though.

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    oh noooooes!!!

hmm, so now they want civilian sales?? well, not really, theyre still trying to price themselves out of reach, but theyre apparently hoping those few idiots that pay their inflated prices will be enough to pull them through.
    Well, I could tell you what H&K could do to get my business, but this IS a respectable board, so I better not.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Well, I could tell you what H&K could do to get my business, but this IS a respectable board, so I better not.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I just have to laugh at H&K, arrogant fucks that they are. I too will be boycotting their offerings on principal alone. (Unless they make rifles for $700 retail).

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    H&K, because we hate you... with that attitude, why would I buy an H&K? When they refuse to make an MP5/HK94 for those of us who shall not be infringed, and then sue others that try to fill the void, why should I support H&K, when I hate you! H&K refused to provide the items that we the people wanted, and when others did, the lawyers came out and the engineers ran and hid.

Dear H&K, sorry that you ignored the huge market that the Chinese saw and were banned from, but in life you sow, so shall you reap.

Not a tear for you H&K!

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    i think i might be glad for that h&k93 purchase fo sho now........ lol.
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    Make the HK 91/93/94 series UNDER $1k each and they'll have all the $$ they'll ever need.
    Bingo.

I would have loved to get an semi auto MP5 back in the day. Now though I am aware of their snobish attitude to the civilian market and my first reaction is, too little to late. Perhaps down the road I may forgive them.

At any rate even if they were to make the semi-auto MP-5 I don't have the money for one right now. I doubt they would make a semi-auto MP-5 anyways, it is my understanding that they aren't making the full auto ones any more either. Which makes me think they got rid of the tooling. They should have sold to the public a long time ago. I mean Obama has been gun sales man of the year for how many years now? They could have been cashing in big for years.

There was a time where I would have bought. Now I don't have the money or the interest, I think there are better things out there to spend my money on.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    oh noooooes!!!

No thanks, they can keep their shitty, snotty ass, overpriced guns.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

their fluted chamber/bolt system is till late WW2 technology .......

Glad I gave my money to IWI.
    The full design is post WWII really, but not by much. Unemployed German weapon engineers went to work for Spain at their CETME plant designing a weapon for Spain. They used some of the design features from the STG44 and created a few new ones to come up with the first CETME type rifles using the delayed roller lock up and fluted chamber. Germany didn't like paying FN Herstal of Belgium royalties for the G-1 rifle and Belgium would not license Germany to make them in Germany. So they found the German designed for the Spanish CETME A model rifle and bought the right to make it in Germany from the Spanish Gov. They made some changes to suit their German sensibilities and the G-3 was born.

Let's face it Germans have always been arrogant and every time they end up screwing themselves because of it. HK going down the financial shitter is just another manifestation of this attitude. Every other weapon maker is fat city on cash thanks to Obama over the last 5 years.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 07-27-2013 at 01:31 AM.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    No thanks, they can keep their shitty, snotty ass, overpriced guns.
    That pretty much sums it up.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Fuck 'em!

I hope they do go belly up!

Be a good lesson to those arrogant companies who don't wanna dirty their hands dealing with the public.

They were ... back in the 80's!

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    They were ... back in the 80's!
    i call bullshit, they were always elitist.

i dont know what they went for in the 80's, counting for inflation, but even back then i doubt that. i was 3 yrs old in 1980, but i do hear from many who were buying back then that the $1 and under alum surplus g3 mags you get today were going for $80+ back then.

im sure ptr, century, or other companies that rebuilt cut up/destroyed rifles being under $1k then, mine was under $1k when i got it 8-9 years ago, but were not talking about them , were talking about h&k. real h&k.

The typical German thinking is to release a product they deem best and watch the market and adjust accordingly. German companies try to build innovative products and manage the companies well but the management culture is outdated and adapting is generally too slow. A perfect example is VWOA as the company was almost forced to leave the worlds largest auto market (USA) in 1994 due to mismanagement and products the American market did not want. H&K does make great firearms but they are too expensive and in many cases there are better products, comparable products or innovative products that have made H&K obsolete. Two great examples are SigSauer and FNH pistols these companies have out matched H&K and are taking the business away from them in the civilian market.
    Ex cineribus resurgam

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

PTR can keep them at around a grand, but I haven't seen anything but Century rebuilds much under a grand...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast