Thread: VEPR Mags fit Galil?

VEPR Mags fit Galil?

Does anyone know if the .308 VEPR mags will fit an Israeli Galil AR? Finding mags for it is a real task.

Forum Administrator

Good question and theirs only one way to find out.....typically the Israeli design is a slight upward positive angle feed from the ramp that the Siaga will not have inherent in it design.

Hopefully, someone on here can make the comparison. Personally, I've never even seen a VEPR up close so I have no idea about their mags.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I don't have a VEPR, but my experience with AKs in general lead me to believe that they probably aren't compatible, but probably could be made compatible with a little dremel work.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

This guy tells how to convert the mag well of the VEPR to accept galil mags. Personally I would remove material from the mags instead and keep the rifle as it came.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=4&f=80&t=60234
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    This guy tells how to convert the mag well of the VEPR to accept galil mags. Personally I would remove material from the mags instead and keep the rifle as it came.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=4&f=80&t=60234
    Good info to know.
    Last edited by Sniperfox; 07-27-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I tried the other direction. I had some aftermarket Galil mags I tried in my VEPR before anyone was making mags for the VEPRs... There are differences in feed angle and mag width. I never got them to feed right by hand and rather than ruin Galil mags I stopped short of modifying them beyond repair.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    I tried the other direction. I had some aftermarket Galil mags I tried in my VEPR before anyone was making mags for the VEPRs... There are differences in feed angle and mag width. I never got them to feed right by hand and rather than ruin Galil mags I stopped short of modifying them beyond repair.
    If you hear of any Galil mags for sale anywhere, shoot me a PM.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Will do. I picked up a lot of 8 25 rounders fairly reasonable about two years ago. Do searches on gunbroker.com and armslist.com... IIRC, I got those on gun broker; I just got lucky... they started low and nobody bid on them...
    Last edited by El Laton Caliente; 07-27-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...