Thread: Ndm Range Report

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 02/2013 s15v8's Avatar

Ndm Range Report

Can't get much better than this. This was shot at 100yds

sorry if the photo is blurry, the other sporadic shots are from my mosin, its very hard to see that far with irons the shots in the center are from my ndm and this is with bulgy surplus ammo too.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up

Pretty darn good. What ammo were you using? I see it was Bulgarian but was wondering what grain bullet?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Re: Ndm Range Report

Very nice Thats looks like what I get with my Tiger.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

The bullet is the 147 grn light ball stuff, great groupings aaron! what ammo do you shoot?

Re: Ndm Range Report

thanks. 147 and 178 Brown Bear.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Nice groups! I need to get some more light ball.

I need to set up a 200 to 400 yards range and do side by side with the CA TIGR, PSL, Yugo M76 and NDM86...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Ndm Range Report

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Nice groups! I need to get some more light ball.

I need to set up a 200 to 400 yards range and do side by side with the CA TIGR, PSL, Yugo M76 and NDM86...
    I know this post is months old but did you do the side by side comparison El Laton?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No, it's rained the last couple of times at home and I have a creek/gully with a soft clay incline when I set up for 200 yards... That and limited time home.

A neighbor borrowed a rifle and I had the group out this weekend. I had not realized I had 2 cases of Yugo M75 8mm sniper grade... I have Privi Light Ball, but was thinking I had some of the 7.62x54R Russian Sniper Grade, but I can't remember the designation it was...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Ndm Range Report

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    No, it's rained the last couple of times at home and I have a creek/gully with a soft clay incline when I set up for 200 yards... That and limited time home.

A neighbor borrowed a rifle and I had the group out this weekend. I had not realized I had 2 cases of Yugo M75 8mm sniper grade... I have Privi Light Ball, but was thinking I had some of the 7.62x54R Russian Sniper Grade, but I can't remember the designation it was...
    7n1?

Quote Originally Posted by s15v8 View Post
    7n1?

I think that is right... I have some tins of x54R and I'm not sure what is in them... The Privi light ball match will do though. I've got Winchester .308 for the NDM86... I'm going home maybe this weekend and definitely the next and have a week at Thanksgiving so I'll get'er done...

I'll be zeroing my scope on my ndm again, I just had to jack with it thinking I could get it tighter, now it's shooting off.

Forum Administrator

If your shooting a NDM in .308 you do quite well with 168grn match to get the best performance....if 7.62 x 53/54r then the Russian 7n1 sniper ammo is great.

The M75 ammo for the 8mm is not match/sniper ammo...that is pure marketing bs.......the rifle does best per factory with 170-174 grn...so the Romanian ball is pretty darn good and so is WWII German 8mm which is outstanding in thee rifles.

I have the 7.62x54R and have yet to see any 7n1 ammo surface lately, it shoots the bulgarian and russian surplus great! So I'm not hunting for the 7n1 too hard.

Well I've tried some other ammo out recently it the PPU 182 match ammo much easier to find than 7n1 its a shame I can't try it out on the PSL

Also, I found out that my shooting eye has astigmatism especially with the smaller numbers through that 4x scope sometimes its real bad other times barely noticeable, thats why you see sloppy shots. Groups great though and this was done at 100yds as usual

here's the ammo I used on it

Looks Ok but I have never been impressed with the accuracy of comblock guns.

My AR 100 Yd group.

Great shooting Napots, maybe you should try my ndm, you'd probably do better than me. What ammo do you usually use?

I also realized that the picture i took in my previous post is not the right target, that was the day i was testing 150grn wolf gold, 174 silver bear and 182 ppu. The wind was crazy that day, the wolf shot all over the place, the silver bear was center and the ppu was in the green. I'll have to wait another day to try the match ammo out again.

Now this was taken recently and surprisingly this came from my PSL with surplus ammo
    Last edited by s15v8; 04-02-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

Good shooting, guys!

If anyone runs across 7n1, please let us know. It's excellent ammo. IIRC, it has a "thumper" in it that moves forward when the target is hit and causes the ammo to spin and make a larger entry hole. Do I remember correctly? Is the word I'm after "keyhole"?

I think they called it a lead "knocker", but yeah. It was designed to upset / yaw the bullet in soft tissue.