Thread: It was a good day.

It was a good day.

Got up at 6 am said, shoot. Late for work. Wife said, it's Saturday. You are off. But you are up. Want to get off?

Son wants to make some money, so I took him to my buddy's farm. Got home, had a call on my cell phone. New med student was looking for an apartment. Starts School Tuesday, needs a place today. Our apartment is 1/2 mile from campus. Door to door. Got 1st month, last month, and security deposit. Kid moves in tomorrow.

Pick up my son from the farm. Came back with a truck load of seasoned firewood. While we where there, Friend says, Stan (son) go grab the .22. He has his own range on the farm. The local recycler won't take glass anymore, so he keeps his bottles for range use. Went through several hundred rounds of .22. (his) Lots of his buddies like to take their bottles over there and shoot. When the pile gets too big, he dozes it under.

Farmer/Dr. Sold me a 20 gauge pump for 80 bucks. Mossburg? Stevens? Either way. It was a great day. Didn't get the yard mowed. But. What the heck.

Son is going back to the farm next Saturday for more work. (I get another load of wood). Stan said, Farm work sure is hard. My response. Son, do you want to be the guy working on the farm, or the guy that owns the farm? We all know the response. So, I stressed the fact that there is a reason why Mom and Dad make sure he gets good grades. Yep, a good day.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Damn, that is a good day. I successfully fixed a mower, somewhat fixed a potty, and now I commenced to drinking beer. Not too shabby.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yep that does sound like a GOOD day. Congrats!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Any day I'm above ground is a good day for me.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

NSFW

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Met up with an old buddy I was in the air force with. We have not seen each other in 35 years. He sure got old looking....chris3

I climbed to the roof and painted some rusted vents, then went out to eat. Too stuffed to mow on the holiest day of mowing, sunday.